3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Glove question  (Read 374 times)

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Glove question
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
Here comes a stupid question, how do you know when you have worn out a shooting glove? Mine is grooved up pretty good. Any advice would be aporeciated.

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glove question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
One thing I have found out over the years is that different gloves will effect the point of impact and arrow flight.  I mean the same glove from the same manufacturer and the level of wear to the glove.  I have made several gloves over the years also.

There are archers who like a stiff glove with inserts (Howard Hill Style) that do not really wear out.  Most of the softer gloves will groove.  If you have damage to the leather, this can be a reason to replace.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 03:05:00 PM »
Thank you for the feedback!

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 05:26:00 PM »
I wear my Hill gloves out. the outside leather wears away, even though I try to do things to keep that from happening.  The American Leathers gloves can get a hard rounded thing going, they are tough.  I hit leather with NEETS boot oil and have scrubbed the nylon vigorously with my wife's tooth brush to clean out the build up of grit and oil and soften them up some.   The standard American Leathers shooting gloves are the longest lasting gloves that I have ever used.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©