3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wool Clothing  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Allan Hundeby

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wool Clothing
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
I just bought a couple near-new Swanndri bush-shirts on an online auction.  Wow!  They are quite waterproof merino wool (Swanndri's secret recipe), they breath, cut wind, insulate even when wet, and fairly durable.  Plus, I got one of the "rare" camo ones from the 1990's - which they don't make anymore - Skyline Apparition.

(Psst!  I don't know what your size is but... check eB*y NOW!!)
Bow:
62" Bob Lee TD Hunter Recurve: 51# @ 28", Braceheight: 7 3/4"

Bowstring:
Chad Weaver 58.5'' 10-strand DF97 (padded loops); 0.19 HALO serving; rubber silencers & brush buttons

Offline dannyvp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
Boy i missed that competely Zmonter. Thanks
"I make dirt look good"

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
tried 2 different goodwill stores yesterday, and could only find womens wool clothes. i'm not yet that secure in my masculinity, i'll have to pass for now....,
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
I've got Sleeping Indian bibs, pullover and an insulated pullover.  Awesome stuff, all of it.  When I combine that with the merino wool undies, I can stay out in about anything around here.

Pricey?  A bit.  Then I think about the fact that I bought them about 6 years ago and I haven't had to buy any camo since.  Prior to buying wool, I was buying new camo all the time just to find something that would keep me warm.
Otto

Offline fisheye47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2007, 02:09:00 AM »
Got my Cabela's outfitter wool vest today,wore it out in the stand tonight.The quality seems to be first class,very warm,great lining,great hand warmer pockets!(wasn't too thrilled with the big pockets on the bottom of the vest but they didn't bother me,just added a little more bulk to the vest)I think that at $75.00 it was a great buy and would recomend it to anyone.   CAM

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Day One and Gray Wolf are both great-the day one is much cheaper and very similiar. Both camo patterns are excellent as well.
BCD

Offline Stacal0

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
Try ****. It's usually vintage stuff, but wool is wool.  I have 2 complete sets of Woolrich and LL Bean, and I have less than $100 invested, including shipping. Most of it is not camo, but I prefer the plaids and checker prints anyway.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
No one has mentioned the Weatherby Wool. I have a set of pants and parka. It is a heavey wool like Sleeping Injun or KOM and is about half the cost. I have had mine for 2 yrs now with no problems and it keeps me warm at -20.
hunt it

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
Well i have KOTM bowman jacket i know thier very expensive but worth every penny.You wont regret it.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©