3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I did something really dumb  (Read 739 times)

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
I did something really dumb
« on: October 06, 2016, 08:14:00 AM »
I work within a half hour of where I hunt. Two to three times a week, I show up early so I can leave early to get evening hunts in. Yesterday was one of those days.
So I leave work full of anticipation. I was heading to an area that I haven't seen yet this year that I had seen lots of action in last year. I park and start getting ready. I go to string my bow, I don't have a bow. It's still sitting on top of the shelf that I store it on at work.
Needless to say, I felt pretty dumb and my wife had some fun with it. I'm hoping that it doesn't happen again. I realize I'm getting older but forget your bow?
Have a great day guys and gals.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I did something really dumb
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:22:00 AM »
I never forgot my bow but I have had to return home to get my license on the first morning.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Bob B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:28:00 AM »
I hate it when that happens.  I remembered my bow on morning - forgot the arrows ... how the heck does that happen?  Good luck next time.

Bob.
66"  Osage Royale    57lbs@29
68"  Shrew Hill      49lbs@29
68"  Deathwish       51lbs@29
68"  Morning Star    55lbs@29
68"  Misty Dawn      55lbs@29

Offline double eagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 08:28:00 AM »
I will jump in here.  I dug through my stand journal and came up with a few dumb things I did.  How about: forgot the keys to my climber that was locked on public land; put up stands and didn't use them all season; carried stuff I didn't need or use all season; dropped my shooting glove and had to climb down to get it; took phone calls while on the stand; and forgot to pack TP or a drink.  This thread should be good shooters admit in public their funny/dumb tactics.

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 08:37:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bob B.:
I hate it when that happens.  I remembered my bow on morning - forgot the arrows ... how the heck does that happen?  Good luck next time.

Bob.
I did that once, went back to a bow quiver.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
I put mine on top of my truck while getting my stuff on a pig hunt in Ft. Pierce Fl, i drove off and never saw it again. Only in Fl can a bow lay in a parking lot less than 15min at 530am...

It does get worse lol.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
I park my truck over at my shop where my bow hangs. I keep a little 3x5 card in the console of my truck that has BOW written on it. The night before going hunting the next morning I put the card on the instrument panel so it is the first thing I see when I get in the truck. I am so forgetful I have had to come back to the house on more than one occasion before doing this. Now if I could come up with a system to remember my billfold.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 09:49:00 AM »
Doh!!!!!!!!!

Bisch

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 10:20:00 AM »
Relax, Gents!  I read research that says it's NOT that we get more forgetful as we age, but instead, it's that our powers of CONCENTRATION increase so that we get "lost in thought" and can walk outa the house without our britches...

I think I'm going to accept that...cool morning air help with that or plastic seat covers!   :bigsmyl:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 10:31:00 AM »
Oh Boy..

I'm 68 and have never done anything dumb, that I can remember..   :)  LOL

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
I would be willing to wager that everyone on this site has, at one time or another, done something dumb along the lines of those already posted. Some dumber than others but dumb just the same. I'm the only exception in that regard.   :laughing:
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »
Last year we we woke up, drove 17 miles to begin our 2 mile walk in.  When We got to our location and were getting ready for the walk in(well before 4am) I realized I left my bow at the camp.  

17miles on a gravel road of this caliber takes well over 30 mins one way.  I had to run to attempt to catch up to my buddies.  Soaking wet with sweat, etc.  Went on to miss a deer that am.  Great day!
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
Not a bow but, been even dumber. One year several years back I was all excited about hunting rabbits and maybe even a quail or two if I was lucky. Set my 20 gauge (cased) on my trunk while I loaded the little stuff an promptly drove off. Fortunately I realized it after 1/2 mile. Panicked, pulled over, and shockingly it was still there! Could have been much worse but, everyone can b a bonehead from time to time your not special in that regard! Lol.

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
Hey, don't feel bad. I almost forgot my treestand this morning.

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
Over the years ive been known to use various articles of clothing (socks, shirt-tails, etc.) because I forgot TP (not target panic). One time I used a stocking cap. The next day my father-in-law went with me to squirrel hunt while I bow hunted.

When we met back at the car, he pulled my used cap from his game pocket and said, "is t this your cap? I found it in the woods".  

:mad:
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by fnshtr:
...because I forgot TP (not target panic). One time I used a stocking cap. The next day my father-in-law went with me to squirrel hunt while I bow hunted.

When we met back at the car, he pulled my used cap from his game pocket and said, "is t this your cap? I found it in the woods".       :mad:  
So, inquiring minds want to know.."Did you tell him?"   :laughing:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Krex1010

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »
Forgetting things doesn't make you dumb.....but man, letting your wife know????
"You can't cheat the mountain pilgrim"

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »
Did that once, ended up killing my first deer with a bow that morning (after I had made the 10 minute run home, and then back again).
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »
Yeah, Krex, she was wondering why I was home so early

Offline EWill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »
Yeah, I forgot my arrows one time and didn't realize it until I was 40 yds from a decent buck while still hunting.  I remember thinking " you gotta be kidding '!
"It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy." Romans 9:16 (NIV)

I don't like to be high, low, left, or right.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©