3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Loggy Bayou Safety Harness ?  (Read 771 times)

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
Loggy Bayou Safety Harness ?
« on: October 26, 2007, 06:28:00 AM »
I'm interested in trying the Loggy Bayou Transformer Safety Harness but really don't know which size to get. There sizing seems odd to me.
Their maximum stated waist size for a Large is 34" but will fit up to a 6'- 2" person. The XL fits a maximum of 44" waist and a 6'-6" person.

I'm 5'-9" and have a 34" waist. If I put a Large on over my hunting clothes I'll be past the 34" maximum. If I put it under my hunting clothes I'll be maxed out at the stated waist size?

I seem to need something between the L and XL.

Anyone out there around my size that uses the LB harness?
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Loggy Bayou Safety Harness ?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »
I'd like a product evaluation as well. I have been contemplating one of those.

Online twigflicker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:10:00 AM »
Ask your pro shop if you can try one on...

I orginally got the XL... I'm 6' and 220 when I got home that thing absolutely swallowed me... Pro shop owner is my best friend and let me bring it back...  I'm wearing the L and still have at least 8" of extra belt in the waist...

Don't know if that's the way all of them are sized or not...

Jonathan
TGMM - Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Online twigflicker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
OOOPPPPSSSSS...

Forgot to say that I absolutely love the harness... No tangles goes on quickly and easily...

Jonathan
TGMM - Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Offline joe c.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
I just recently purchased one also,it's a large and seems just fine I'm 6'0 and it will go on over what Im wearing.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
Hatrick I don't know which one I have but it's the new one Loggy gives you when you buy one of their stands. Your the same size as me I'm 5'9" /5'10"s and 170 pounds. It is their 4 point I beleive might be a large?? but if your worried about putting it over heavy clothes and not fitting you can put it underneath your garments and just pull the part that goes around the tree up from under the clothes your wearing.Then attach it to the tree if you get my drift.

Offline ziggy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
I have one as well.  I belive it is a large. I'm 6' and 200 lbs with a 36 inch waste.  It does seem a little big on me.  I love this saftey harness.  The only thing I want to add is some sort of buckle accross the chest to hold the should straps in place.  The harness has built in clips for binoculars but I choose not to attach mine.  If the build in clips were used there would be no need for the additional chest strap.

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »
All, thanks for the responses. I made it over to a Bass Pro shop yesterday afternoon (not my favorite store but I wanted to see a LB harness). The only sizes they had were a s/m and an XL. I tried out the s/m and felt it wouldn't be quite big enough if worn over hunting clothes so I came home and ordered a L from Cabela's. It sure seems easy enough to get and out of. We'll see.

Hey Raineman, how's the season going??
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
Kinda slow. I've been working a lot (selling heating oil, gearing up for the season).

I've been out about 8 times this year with Dad's Ben Pearson. This morning was my first "shot opportunity", but could barely make out the silhouette and didn't take the shot because I did not think it would be fair to the animal or me. Other than that, I think I saw Noah's Ark go by this AM with the rain.

Fletched arrows the rest of the day and got the girls ready for Homecoming this afternoon and evening. Showed them boys that picked 'em up those 1916's I got from you with Snuffers on 'em, if you know what I mean.

How 'bout your season?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©