3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2016 New England - success/hunt thread  (Read 1029 times)

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2016 New England - success/hunt thread
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »
wow, congrats everyone.  I have yet to get out at all this fall.  life happens.  lol...between coaching my daughters Soccer team, running OCR races, training for said races, and finding a new love (Rock Climbing) I haven't had too much free time.  I'm getting out tomorrow in the afternoon though.  can't wait.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 03:08:00 PM »
I took a beautiful buck Saturday in Mass. Will post pictures and a story later. Lots of activity the last few days.
Tyler C. Moore

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 07:42:00 AM »
Shot my second NH buck last week. Had to ask Laura for permission to hunt one of her stands as the wind was iffy for my go to stand. Got the approval and this guy showed up. Fed facing me for at least 10 minutes. Finally turned and gave me a 12 yard shot. Got 3rd rib from the back quartering away. Watched him go down at about 80 yards. Freezer is full and two tags plus a turkey to work on. Deer have been few and far between this year due to several factors in my area. But I guess I am not the only one having a hard time finding them. Not even hearing gunshots. Woods often seem empty. I've been lucky to have two shots that were quick kills. After kill drag outs were not so easy this year.

By the way, Zippercurve sent me a pic or two of the buck and doe he shot from the same stand. Impressive NE buck. Great story, as well.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2016, 08:01:00 AM »
Here's my buck from 11/12, I also shot a doe but needed to butcher her in the woods quickly so I could focus my attention on getting the buck taken care of.

Shot was 34 yards after I paced it off the following day. Toelke Whip HS #51. Shooting a Beeman ICS 500 with 200 grain VPA 3 blade. Double lung pass through.

I am so thankful and feeling blessed still.

Tyler C. Moore

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
good job,, really nice deer here everyone!
"Us vs Them"

Offline DDyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2016, 08:09:00 PM »
Nice buck Tyler! Congratulations
were it worth the trouble? Huh? What trouble?

Offline speedbump

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2016, 09:54:00 PM »
Pete A...it just says its a Morrison Arapaho custom built for Fred Allard....Thats me!...That broadhead is a bear razor head that I shot my first deer in Vermont with at the age of 14..(groves 43# recurve).
sorry for the delay in responding...been outa touch for awhile.
TGMM family of the bow

Green Mountain Longbow-Morrison Arapaho, Groves

Offline speedbump

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »
I see some interest in the bow...It is a beauty for sure! I'll take some more pics and post. Cocbola riser with yew limbs. Has the bear razorhead that I shot my first deer with at age 14 in vermont, inlaid in the riser. it is 60" [email protected] very first day i hunted with it  in 2000 I shot a deer here in NH. It has good mojo! I beleive this was the first commercially made/sold Arapaho sold by Bob....
TGMM family of the bow

Green Mountain Longbow-Morrison Arapaho, Groves

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2016, 05:30:00 PM »
well...had my best season in MA for sightings at least.  had a big buck within 60 yards twice (2 different sits)...and saw 7 does spill out into the farm field right at dusk one evening.  

since gun season started I've been focusing on bow hunting a new property in CT, but its been tough....sign everywhere but no sightings...finally set up a camera and all the action was between 6:30pm and 2 am.

weather forecast for the weekend isn't good....have a feeling I wont be filling a tag this year...but at least I have until the end of January down in CT.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©