3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It's Getting Close!  (Read 376 times)

Offline IndaTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
It's Getting Close!
« on: October 13, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »
So my boss calls me this morning and says "Did I seriously approve 3 weeks of annual leave for you in November?"  Sure DID!!!  I get 5 weeks of vacation time a year and I'm at a point in my career where I either use the 5 weeks or lose it.    

I've been out a few times already and have seen some deer, just nothing in range yet.  I love being in the woods anytime I get the opportunity, but there is just something special about November!

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: It's Getting Close!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
:goldtooth:
The Lord Is My Provider......

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »
Have fun and good luck!

Bisch

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
Can't beat that .    :thumbsup:    :campfire:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline EWill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 12:22:00 PM »
You won't want to go back to work.
Have fun
"It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy." Romans 9:16 (NIV)

I don't like to be high, low, left, or right.

Offline nek4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »
Getting close for me as well and looking forward to it.

VT extended the season by 5 days this year to Oct 28 and I will be out there for the last 7 days. Haven't hunted with a stickbow in at least 35 years. Hunting from the ground is going to be a challenge in the big woods of Northern VT where densities are low and patterning them is tough but with the recent mild winter two nearby zones are open for does for the first time I can remember so that is encouraging.    

Will be taking a new to me Chekmate Attila picked up on here, 2016's and old Razorheads I've been hanging onto for a long, long time.

Offline IndaTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by nek4me:
Getting close for me as well and looking forward to it.

VT extended the season by 5 days this year to Oct 28 and I will be out there for the last 7 days. Haven't hunted with a stickbow in at least 35 years. Hunting from the ground is going to be a challenge in the big woods of Northern VT where densities are low and patterning them is tough but with the recent mild winter two nearby zones are open for does for the first time I can remember so that is encouraging.    

Will be taking a new to me Chekmate Attila picked up on here, 2016's and old Razorheads I've been hanging onto for a long, long time.
Good Luck!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©