3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SHREWHAVEN OR BUST  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: SHREWHAVEN OR BUST
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »
Michael, it should be in your Yahoo account
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »
I own property in the Eastern UP where the deer are few and far between, but I still hunt up there every year because there is something very special about being north of the Mackinac Bridge.  I have to say I really enjoy the annual Shrewhaven  report.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »
Foxboro, Greg has been at camp for two and a half weeks before.Ron was going to spend a  week there in june but had some health problems. Roger started a new business venture in the last year and i have high school daughters who are high level competing athletes and I run an 8 million dollar a year business. We would all LOVE to spend six weeks at Shrewhaven,but other than Greg, Ron (but then his customers would have to leave him alone)and maybe Kevin  could be there more.

Offline Burly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2016, 06:40:00 PM »
Great pics, I love the snow.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »
Sometimes we celebrate if a Holiday happens while we're in camp. This was Halloween one year

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2016, 07:01:00 PM »
Looking up the hill to the cabin from Armstrong Creek

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2016, 07:03:00 PM »
At times it's so peaceful and quiet there you can hear the blood flowing throw your arteries.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
A big mess of squirrels ready for the cast Iron skillet.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »
The "Snowstorm Buck" the best buck I've taken to date at ShrewHaven

Bringing him out.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »
We probably have the fanciest outhouse in the U P.

Tim Cosgrove and his Son in law Eric built it a few years ago. The wood toilet seat on the back wall has a carving of my avatar on it.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
There are some dandy bucks in the area. This is our C/O buddy Dave when he brought this 12 point to show us that was poached near our camp.

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2016, 12:16:00 PM »
Wow Ron, Dave looks young in that picture!
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
Dave is as good as they get in law enforcement. Practical and smart without any attitude.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2016, 02:37:00 PM »
It was only a few years ago that Dave won the honor of Conservation Officer of the year for the whole state of Michigan.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
Great stuff and story like always.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Burly

• Trad Bowhunter