3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan deer season  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
Michigan deer season
« on: October 17, 2016, 05:58:00 PM »
How's it going for my brothers in the bow

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Michigan deer season
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »
Slow going on public land. I haven't had a full day to really push in past where everyone else goes though. Hopefully remedy that next week. Planning on pulling a 2 day overnighter into the Manistee national forest land. If I can avoid the 4 wheelers I should be able to get into some deer.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 06:18:00 PM »
Slow for me too , I've had only one deer come in to my blind . It was a small doe , and I passed on the shot .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »
Had a doe duck the arrow opening night on public, she was the 5th deer I saw. All the others were within range, but it was too thick for a shot. The same 8 pointer has been in there 3 times and always stays behind me or in the thick stuff to my left.

Had a guy, his wife and daughter stumble within 15 yards of me before they noticed and walked the ridge away downwind with climbers on their backs an hour before sunset last weekend. The 8 appeared 15 minutes later and started trailing them, ha. Found where another guy set up 70 yards from my spot on the trail I walk in on to keep my scent away from where the deer normally bed. Gotta love public land...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 07:59:00 PM »
I know the challenges of hunting public land. I respect those that utilize Michigan's abundant public land resources. I'm blessed to have my own piece of property in S.W. Michigan but I do hunt in Copper Country State Forest in November. The U.P. lures me. I am picking up a number of bucks on my trail cams on my property and my son shot over the back of a 5pt. last week. I'm going out tomorrow and Wednesday.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
No bucks. Close encounters on my dirt with does. Went out on state land looking for an alternate spot with the Brittanies and walked up in 20 elk. One very nice bull. Too warm for a few days. Back at it later this week.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline abbatoys

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 09:02:00 PM »
Been too hot for me to get out, but on vacation the next 2 weeks so weather should cooperate..Looking forward to a few sits
62" Thunderstick Moab  52lb @ 28"
60" Bear Takedown 45lb @ 28"
60" Bear 59'er 45lb @ 28"

Offline BUCK-EYE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »
was up in the u p last week,seen a few does even had one close enough to get a shot at but with the no doe rule no shot. i had a few pic`s of a buck on my trail cam. great week to be up there!

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 06:15:00 AM »
Not seeing many deer during hunting time BUT many on the trail cameras between midnight and 530am.  Hope that changes as the rut approaches.

Offline Burly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »
Not much movement happening in daylight right now that I have seen.

Offline mparks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »
Slow.  75 degrees and a full moon aren't helping.  That said I've had my chances.  I screwed up on a wise old doe and gave a spike a pass within the last few weeks.

I'm running 3 cameras and they aren't showing much activity at any time of the day.  This is private land in Genesee County.

Keep the Michigan reports coming!

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
I hunted one evening in Lenawee county with a buddy and saw one 3 point.  Opened my camp in Clare county over the weekend and saw one little guy Saturday night.  My sister-in-law saw 4 deer Friday night.  All were just sucking up acorns.  My cameras are showing a lot of night movement too.

D.P.

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 09:33:00 AM »
I came really close on a big doe the other night. Unfortunately, a fawn in the group that she was with decided to go exploring the thick brush off to the side of the trail. He walked in about 5 yards behind me and blew the whole thing.

Seeing lots of big bucks though when out shining. The antler point restriction here is really starting to pay off.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 01:46:00 PM »
Hey Trenton we're almost neighbors. Any Salmon in the Boyne? We should shoot some time.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline heartshoth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »
Slow South of Big Rapids...killed a big doe Saturday morning..hope it picks up soon
BLACK WIDOW PSR X 2
KEMPF QWYKSTYK  X 2
Zipper SXT

Offline huronhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
My wife Kim took a 6pt last Tuesday in Otisville. I saw only one doe in stand so far .

Offline degabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 08:53:00 PM »
Cancer surgery king of slows you down but I will start to shoot again next week.

Offline DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 07:05:00 AM »
Killed a buck first 5 minutes of season, first in 35 yrs on opening day, have been seeing good numbers, oldest buck so far was a 2-1/2 yr old.

Offline heartshoth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 06:31:00 AM »
Slow South of Big Rapids...killed a big doe Saturday morning..hope it picks up soon
BLACK WIDOW PSR X 2
KEMPF QWYKSTYK  X 2
Zipper SXT

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
It is starting to pick up where I hunt, very slow start but I have been seeing more and more.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©