3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan deer season  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Michigan deer season
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
Headed out this afternoon and will be hunting Thursday and Friday. Finally a cool down. That can only help.I'll soon find out.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »
All I'm seeing is a doe with two doe fawns and one button buck that is wandering around buy his self .
No scraps and no antlers on the camera either .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 10:20:00 AM »
Hunted 4PM until dark last night. Two does passed out of range at 5:45. Pulled trailcam card and there are definitely bucks in the area but moving just after dark. Come November!

Offline Cheezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »
Has anyone hunted the Chelsea state game area? Not far from my house and I'm wondering how pressured it is during archery season.

Offline Burly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »
Still getting majority of pics way late after dark. It's a love/hate relationship with these cameras for me. I love seeing what's out there when I am not around. But , I don't go out as much as I use to because the deer are not moving in daylight. I am getting lazy I guess.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »
I'm headed to Michigan for my first time ever this coming weekend. Gonna spend a week. I'm very much looking forward to it. I wish you all well.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2016, 07:08:00 AM »
Which part of Michigan, Matty? Will you be hunting?
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2016, 09:44:00 AM »
I've been seeing does consistently near Ionia. Last weekend 7 bucks in a group Alll sparring. They will be moving more in a couple days.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2016, 09:46:00 AM »
Pretty dead here. If nothing happens tonight. I'm relocating. I can't seem to find them.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
Yesterday at 8:30 a nice 6pt. showed up on a game trail near my stand that is next to the creek that runs through my property. I was standing and ready. He had to clear a couple trees for my shot. When he did, I let the arrow fly. To my dismay, at the shot he ducked and swirled so fast it shocked me. I saw my arrow enter his neck. Away he went with the arrow still visible. My only hope was that it caught an artery. I got down. No blood anywhere. After searching three hours I found only two small drops of blood. I went well over a mile. My hope is it was a non fatal wound. Strangely, I never found my arrow.

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »
The bucks are finally starting to move up here. Had three bucks come through the other night and stand broadside at 12 yards. All were spikes. I would have thought it was the same deer over and over again if all three of them weren't there at the same time. Also got pictures of a basket rack 8 that was there at 7:45 pm. He just needs to come an hour earlier and I'll be in business.
Good luck to all you guys!

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »
Knapping buddy called and told me about his 11 point that he shot two days ago.

It went like this.

I was in my stand around 1100am having one more cigarette and a cup of coffee and decided to text my hunting buddy to tell him I am getting down from my stand when a 6 point came running by. I put my cigarette out, phone away and set my cup of coffee on the stand. The 6 point stopped and looked back. I grabbed my bow as the 11 point was trotting in, chasing the 6 point so I shot the 11 point with a 19 1/2"  inside spread.

The end.

So I figured I have doing this hunting thing all wrong except I don't want to start smoking an don't know how to text.  True story by the way

Offline mparks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
Two different bucks on trail cams chasing does.  Both in the wee hours.  I had high hopes with the cold front last night but came up empty.

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 07:40:00 AM »
Had a 8 point in range Saturday morning. I didn't shoot it. I was hoping for one of the bigger ones I have on camera show up. (Hope I don't regret it.) lol. Had a spike and 5 point come by the started a little soaring match. brush my feather up against my coat and they high tailed it out of there.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2016, 07:45:00 AM »
Jon, that's funny.

Spooked a doe at 10 yards walking into a set-up, that was it for the entire weekend. Tried 4 different areas, no luck. This coming weekend should be decent, usually my best dates.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2016, 08:16:00 AM »
6 yesterday morning. Nothing I wanted to shoot. They were close though. Real close.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »
Damon, I shook my head as he told me the story but no-one deserves a monster buck anymore than he does. Fought cancer over the past year and last year he fell out of his ladder stand, broke his shoulder, cracked ribs,  blood coming out of his nose and ears and his hunting buddy thought he was dead when he walked up on him.

This has to be the absolute worst year for seeing deer I have ever experienced.  Our deer are still showing up from 900pm to 500am.

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »
Good news. In regard to my last post. My son hunted yesterday P.M. from his stand near mine. Around 6:30 he saw a nice 6pt. heading his way. It had a noticeable limp. He described it in detail and I'm sure it is the buck I hit two days ago. What I thought was a neck shot was likely a shoulder hit right at the neck juncture. The buck did not give him a shot but it lives and I'm grateful for that.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
Wow, Jon, I'd say he definitely deserved a nice one!

Vesty, that sounds almost exactly like a hit I made a few years ago except I had muscle blood for quite a ways before losing anything to go on. No arrow, blood stopped in a clearing and searching for 2 days never panned out. Only deer I've lost, I'm still bummed but hopefully he lived.

Offline abbatoys

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2016, 01:34:00 PM »
Had a nice 6 chasing a doe thru my backyard about 9 am this morning. I should just sit on my porch roof...
62" Thunderstick Moab  52lb @ 28"
60" Bear Takedown 45lb @ 28"
60" Bear 59'er 45lb @ 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©