3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone Wolf EZ hang  (Read 584 times)

Offline Rick James

• Trad Bowhunter
Lone Wolf EZ hang
« on: October 19, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
Just wondering if any of you Lone Wolf users utilize the EZ hang bracket with the batwing removed in place of the top strap and then put the bottom strap on--If anybody has done this did you find it stable enough to continue doing it this way--It sure makes for an easy hang job in the back yard but I haven't hunted out of mine like this yet...
Has anybody tried it??

thanks, Rick
"The credit goes to him who is in the arena, whose face is marred by sweat and blood, who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." T Roosevelt

Offline Mountain State Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone Wolf EZ hang
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
The EZ hang bracket hook makes it way easier to hang and use in the woods.  I still used both straps on the versa buttons though.  The EZ hang hook alone is not sturdy enough, but once you use the hook, the other straps are a piece of cake.

Thanks
AJ

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »
I have not done it either and am interested in hearing comparisons to the batwing (how I use mine).  Also is it safe to leave them in the trees for the season.  I wish they would work with a chain so I could get a lot and leave them in the trees, but I have found the space in bracket is not wide enough for a chain to slide on.  I worry about the effects of leaving the straps in the woods for the season.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »
It's the only way I've ever used mine, close to 10 years now, and I have no complaints.

Offline NittanyRider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
I use the ez hang strap with the batwing... maybe not the way it was designed but it works for me.  I have a small paracord loop tied around the batwing, so when I pull the stand up, I place the loop over the ez hang hooks.  Then, I attach my straps and before I tighten everything down, I unhook the loop from the ez hanger.

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 04:11:00 PM »
I have only used the EZ hang on mine. Maybe 3 seasons now? If you are in a pretty straight tree it's great. I do carry my batwing in my hunting tote so if I never see a snakey tree I can change it up.

I did zip tie one of my loops so I can't lose it, and I always use the lower strap too.
Thom

Offline Mark Normand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 04:29:00 PM »
I love that EZ Hang, used it extensively by itself with my original LW hangon when they first came out. Wish I could put that system on my Mil M7 Micro tho...
Stalker ILF recurve
Dakota II longbow

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 09:56:00 PM »
I have not used the bat wing as I love the EZ hang.   I then put in the bottom strap so the strand is very  secure.  I have an extra EZ hang also incase I want to leave one up.
>>>--------->

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
I have but prefer the batwing as our trees are often crooked.  

However, with the EZ hang, you should always use a second strap on the TOP versa button.  See the Lone Wolf safety manual, available on-line.

Offline Rick James

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 09:57:00 AM »
Thanks for the responses guys.

Mark Normand, Doesn't Millennium have the chain/strap on receiver system for the M7 that works kinda the same way??

Rick
"The credit goes to him who is in the arena, whose face is marred by sweat and blood, who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." T Roosevelt

Offline shedhunta

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rick James:

Mark Normand, Doesn't Millennium have the chain/strap on receiver system for the M7 that works kinda the same way??

Rick
They do but it is much heavier to lug around than ez hang hook.  Just got a LW and wish I did years ago!!!
Toelke whip 2 piece.  58" 50@28"

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 10:09:00 PM »
I have like 50 of those hooks scattered over all my spots. I simply take my sticks in, hang the stand on the hook and use both ratchets on the buttons. I can basically use the same set all over the place. Love them!
Mike Davenport

Offline Mark Normand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rick James:

Rick
As mentioned..yes.  But I installed a v-bracket on my M7 and just use one strap to the tree, slip (padded no sharp edges) tongue in, tighten strap, done. That big clunky receiver killed the whole lure of the M7.
Stalker ILF recurve
Dakota II longbow

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »
I don't use the easy hang. I prefer the batwing. It puts the stand a bit further from the tree. That allows me to not sit up as straight. But, in colder weather there is more room between your back and the tree to allow thicker clothing, without pushing you forward in the seat.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©