3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3 rivers online dynamic spine calculator wrong??  (Read 675 times)

Offline Elewis

• Trad Bowhunter
3 rivers online dynamic spine calculator wrong??
« on: October 20, 2016, 01:51:00 AM »
Please help
Is this thing (3 rivers dynamic spine calculator) of any use.  I am somewhat new to archery but I am pretty sure this thing has some aspects that do not work correctly.  

I was trying to see what my planned arrow would work out to versus my Bear Grizzly's spine requirements.  The arrow shafts that I am getting are Forrester wood shafts which are made from a hardwood.  They are footed arrows. When I make the adjustment for the footing instead of having a slightly weaker dynamic spine which is what I was expecting I got an arrow that suddenly had a 40 lb increase in dynamic spine.  

Perhaps I somehow entering the information incorrectly

I have a 50 lb Bear Grizzly recurve and a 29 inch draw. -0.125 center with a strike plate

The arrows are 5/16, 57-60 lb and footed to 11/32 at the tip.  They weigh about 430 grains (shaft).
-They will have 125 grain Brodhead and 3 5.5 inch feathers.

3 rivers says they have a dynamic spine of over 90 ??
Current bow (and first): Bear Grizzly 50#

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 rivers online dynamic spine calculator wrong??
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 02:25:00 AM »
Any time I have tried to use 3 rivers spine calculator with wood shafts or other carbon shafts not listed in the drop down menu, it does not give accurate results. Try using Stu Miller's, his is the original and in my opinion is more accurate.
James Kerr

Offline Elewis

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 rivers online dynamic spine calculator wrong??
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 02:29:00 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I have a feeling that my current plan will work well.
Current bow (and first): Bear Grizzly 50#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©