3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: omega longbows  (Read 853 times)

Offline r.spencer

• Trad Bowhunter
omega longbows
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »
Anybody have one of these. Found his websight and facebook page. As of now I am shooting a Bear Montana. Not a bad bow just looking at something else.  Hard to find any good, afordable longbows in left hand around here. Just bought a new house ( and havent sold my old one yet) so money is a little tight.  

If you have one how do you like it. How does she shoot
If you are going to be a bear , be a grizzly

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: omega longbows
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:22:00 AM »
Great bows!

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
Very good. I have owned an original and now own the imperial. Mine's a 60" version which stacks just a touch @29 but us plenty fast. Also bow comes with a lifetime warranty and us tougher than a coffin nail.

Offline Breathn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
Kegan is top notch and bows are awesome

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »
Also... Try Mike Mecreedy at Maddog Archery. His custom bows are very inexpensive and perform excellent ! His customer service is fantastic

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
Yep I'll second mike as well. He also does a lot of youth now give aways great guy.

Offline Sharky1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »
I recently purchased an Omega Imperial and couldn't be happier.  The bows are very forgiving and Kegan will spend all the time you need answering questions.  They are not the fanciest, no exotic hardwoods and crazy lamination's but they are indestructible. If you are looking for a fast, forgiving do it all bow with a LIFETIME guarantee for under $400 then this is your guy. If you are looking for wall art then look else where. I dont have one but like the previous posts suggest I have heard good things about Maddog as well.

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 11:01:00 AM »
You know, I have 2 maddogs and love them, but I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on an Omega. Everyone that trys or buys one, loves them as well. I been thinking about getting an Omega, just to have one. For all the research Ive done, Id buy confidently.

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »
Dalton (HuskyArcher) should be along soon. I think he hunts with an omega.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline deerhunter_w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »
Just do a search for huskyarcher its all he shoots. He hasn't had any problems killing game with his.

Jeff
58" Tall Tines 49@28
58" Centaur Triple Carbon Elite 50@27
64" stickflinger 50@28
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Krex1010

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 07:36:00 PM »
I've heard nothing but good things about omega bows...and I love my Maddog longbow, I actually have a second on order now.
"You can't cheat the mountain pilgrim"

Offline Panzer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »
My next Longbow will be an Omega "Imperial."

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
Kegan is a good guy

Offline Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »
Omega are nothing fancy so far as exotic woods. However he has a great design with real good performance.
Production time is pretty quick.
If you are so inclined, he used to offer a  "finish yourself" option to save a few dollars.
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Offline Eden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 12:10:00 AM »
I just got an unfinished imperial last month.  Kegan was a pleasure to deal with and I could not be happier with the bow. I should note that this is my first longbow after shooting an old red wing recurve for the past few years, but I absolutely love it.  The turnaround time was much shorter since it was unfinished and I liked the fact that I could shape the grip a little before finishing the bow.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 08:21:00 AM »
Just go to my recent posts and you will find Omega kills. I absolutely love mine. I have, or have had all of the models he makes and love them all. My favorite far and away is my Imperial. That bow just flat out shoots. Tough as all get out too. There are scratches from one end to the other on mine.

Kegan is a great guy to work with. He has a great warranty and overall is just a very cool dude. If you're looking for fancy woods, designs, and things like that then they're not for you. But if you want an incredible hunting and 3d rig at a great price look no further.

Honestly I've shot some really expensive and highly acclaimed bows, i wouldn't have any of them over my Imperial.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Online spotteddog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
Asked Dalton some questions last week about one. Got one ordered now should be here in November some time. Kegan great to work with and talk to. Shot one this summer and really liked it.

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
I would also like to note that I got a real deal custom bow from him and with all the posts I see about custom bowyers not keeping up with the timelines they promise, I wanted to note I got my bow exactly when he said I would.

Offline KeganM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »
I try very hard to keep to my timelines, and building simpler bows with fewer exotic materials helps (although I can build with whatever customers want to send for their bow). I love building bows and really try to design the best shooting longbows I can!

If you have any questions feel free to email me, [email protected]

Offline macster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »
I've got one ordered, should be here in November I hope. My brother has one he got in early spring. They look good and shoot great. I sent him a piece of exotic wood for the riser and can't wait too see how it turns out! Good guy to deal with.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©