3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rubber Strap Issues-Kanati Quivers  (Read 476 times)

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Rubber Strap Issues-Kanati Quivers
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »
I love my Slim Jim quiver and my Kanati Pro Angle quiver, but it seems like the rubber straps are only good for a season or two then they break. Has anyone engineered a solution to mounting those type of quivers with a mechanism other than the rubber straps. Just sent John an email to order more, but that is getting old. These will be the third set of straps for these quivers. wish they had some sort of alternative mounting system. Any ideas?
Morrison Shawnee, Longbow Limbs- 47.5# @ 28 1/2", 45.5# @ 28 1/2"
Toelke Whip- 52# @ 28 1/2"
Damon Howatt Hunter- 45# @ 28"

Offline J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rubber Strap Issues-Kanati Quivers
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
I've had one on various bows for 4 years now and never had the straps break, or even show signs of wear?  Mine is the FDS (Fast Deployment Straps), not sure if yours is the older style or that style.  Could it be that you are putting them on too tight?  

Good luck getting in touch with John.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »
What Jonathan said.

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 05:20:00 PM »
It is possible I put them on tight, I sure don't like them to move, but the shorter hole always seems to loose. Yes, they are the quick deploy

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
Good luck getting in touch with him.

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 06:41:00 PM »
I've had my dual arc with FDS for over 4 years and not had one break yet.  Maybe your over stretching them?  As for alternatives, some folks use velcro type straps on bow quivers but that'll make a ton of noise in the woods should you like to remove it at the stand.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 06:54:00 PM »
Thunderhorn Lynx with the small fry hood. Rock-solid when mounted, sleek and lightweight. They can be customized to be as adjustable as any quiver out there. Their customer service is the best too.

Offline rustyspike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 07:50:00 PM »
I have had my Thunderhorn small fry for several years ( 3 arrow) . They are mounted now. Straps are tight. They are on a Rivers Edge recurve 3 peice. No problems. Very sweet item. Also had made the colors I wanted.

Rich K.

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 04:02:00 AM »
My straps wear out too, maybe I over tighten.

But I got a piece of scrap rubber matting that I cut replacement straps out of.  It's quite a bit thicker and heavier, but I haven't had to cut another set after the first one.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 09:09:00 AM »
I too have gone through multiple straps and couldn't get ahold of him to get new ones. In my frustration I switched brands. Too bad as I've owned them all and feel the Kanati is the best.

Offline Wolf1007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
I echo the frustration associated with the customer services on these quivers. I have been dying to give this guy my money to order some replacement parts for mine and get crickets every time I call him. Its a shame because they really are nice quivers!
Dale Dye Trails End 60" 55#@28"
Dale Dye Medicine Point 58” 53#@28"
Schafer Silvertip 60" 55#@28"
Stalker Wolverine FXT 60" 51#@28"

Offline Rock 'N Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
I've had great customer service. In fact, about a year and a half ago I was asking for replacement parts for my Slim Jim angle quiver. I spoke to John and he told me to send him the quiver for an upgrade. I thought he would replace the worn out parts, but instead he sent me a new Dual Arc free of charge. He may be hard to get a hold of but he goes above and beyond to take care of his customers.
Todd Henck Longbow 68" 58#@28"
Dave Johnson Longbow 66" 60#@27"
Northern Mist Ramer 64" 50#@27"
Northern Mist Classic 68" 52#@28"
Shrew Hill #1 "Alpha" 67" 48#@28"

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 04:02:00 PM »
I purchased a used one this fall and love it. I noticed that the previous owner had the straps set at way to much tension. I adjusted the straps to the lowest setting and it works fine. I believe I could cut some new ones out of old inter tube material.
N/A

Offline Schmidty3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »
I had some problems getting a hold of him as well. I switched to skinny carbons and needed a new set of grippers. I believe that I called several times and sent an email. I rigged the quiver up so it will work. Its not pretty. But I don't have time to chase down parts, its hunting season. I really like my slim jim. His products are quality. But im mainly rocking a thunderhorn this year. Primarily due to my issues. The thunderhorn guys were very responsive and helpful, had my new quiver quickly. And I think the build quality is a tough better. I do like the profile of the slim jim though.

Yes when I ordered the quiver last year he was very responsive and helpful.

I'm not sure whats going on over there.

Offline Msturm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »
I too have had straps dry up and crack/ break. I could not get in contact with any one to purchase new ones.  So I just cut up old bike inner tubes  and replaced the straps with those. They worked fine this season. And bike tubes are cheap.

Its a bummer so many people are having customer service issues. They really make a quality product.

Msturm
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Aloha!

Offline J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »
Search the following thread title in the Pow Wow: Kanati Quivers / John Dill still in business?.

You'll see why you can't get ahold of him.  I too miss the product line - my favorite quiver.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 10:03:00 AM »
Thanks for that information. I have received no response from my email and phone calls do not work. I will play around with the innertube idea. Thanks for the suggestions all!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©