3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Average Deer Harvest Number Annually  (Read 605 times)

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Average Deer Harvest Number Annually
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 06:07:00 PM »
I haven't killed a deer in 2 years. So far I've sat over 60 hours this year and only seen one doe. I've done my home work and scouted thousands of acres. I've picked out 5 locations for this year and set up for various winds and only hunt accordingly. Oak bottoms, funnels, and pinch points.  Just really really hard to kill a deer when 99 percent of pics are all at night and you get people poaching on the wmas with rifles ( this happened last Tuesday)  and joy riding around on  Atv's ( last Sunday) .
Not making excuses but dang it sure makes it tough!!!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 06:13:00 PM »
I drove my boat in last Sunday about 2 miles. As far as I could go. Then walked about another 1.5 miles to a pinch point I scouted last spring. Got set up and 30 min later a whole family came rolling by following the boundary fence. (About a half mile off the atv trail which if for handicapped individuals only) . About and hour later they came right back by. I called the local game warden but to my understanding he never came out. But you bet you butt if I drove an atv in there to hunt they would be waiting for me at my truck when I left!!!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »
That is extremely discouraging. We know how difficult hunting deer with traditional equipment is under the best circumstances. It was for reasons like this that I purchased my own property(30acres) ten years ago. It was a sacrifice and took a lot of planning but I'm so glad I did it. Not to mention the tremendous investment it has turned out to be. Hang in there my friend and make the most of your circumstances.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
I'm about one deer per every three years. Only one deer tag a year here, if you draw! Now with that said if I wasn't picky I could kill every year. In the last two years I have let around 25 differnt bucks walk and held out for a longer season(tag soup).

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
That's what I call willpower!!!

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »
Mine is a little over two right now, but the average is going down since we don't have doe tags here any longer.

Offline B-DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 11:36:00 PM »
I usually get 1-2 deer a year with the longbow.

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »
Some states have huge deer populations/good access while others not so much.  Unless you happen to own your hunting property or have friends that do, around here 'tag soup' is the norm for the average bow or gun hunter.  I'd guess the average success rate would be in the area of one deer per hunter per every 4 years or so regardless of the weapon used.  The quality of deer hunting (both sightings and harvests) is comparatively crappy.  But at least we have trees, lol.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©