3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wolfer  (Read 600 times)

Offline silvertip73

• Trad Bowhunter
Wolfer
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:19:00 AM »
What are your thoughts and experiences with the wolfer bow? Does anyone own one and use it as their primary bow? These bows intrigue me. Thanks.
Greg

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wolfer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »
I may get flamed for this but in my humble opinion, these are way overpriced and you don't even get to choose your woods.  Personally, I feel there are many bowyers out there, which make this style of recurve with equal or better fit, finish, quality and customer service.  

Let me say that I have neither owned or even shot a Wolfer but after watching Mr. Robertson's video on the Wolfer, I knew there was no interest from me.  I will stick to my Toelke Chinook, thank you very much.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
I don't have any idea about them, but I do know that 1500 for a bow you don't even get to pick the woods for is CRAZY IMO.  You can get whatever woods you want and an extra pair of limbs from most bowyers around for that.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:52:00 AM »
I haven't hunted as much in recent years, due to age and health issues, but I have hunted with the Wolfer several times since buying it, and have taken a pig with it.  It would be my go to bow for hunting in confined conditions, such as a blind or tree stand with branches in the way, due to its short length.  On foot in the more open areas of the west I normally hunt, I would take a longer bow.

I can see where some of the design features of the bow, such as the offset curved limbs and socket take down arrangement would add to the cost.  Whether they are worth the additional cost is a matter for the buyer to determine.

The Wolfer works almost all the way to the handle, so will handle draw lengths well in excess of 28" without stacking, in spite of its short length.  Since I don't draw past 28", this doesn't really benefit me, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything either.

It is a bow that is definitely designed to be used, and doesn't have a lot of beautiful design features, although maybe you could add some fancy things at additional cost if you wanted to.  Because of this, even though it costs a lot, I would probably be more inclined to use it in the field than a more beautiful bow I would be afraid of scratching.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »
Only the original run was that expensive...there is one on the website right now that would be 1100

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
Depends what you are in it for.  John Schultz closed out with bows you didn't pick anything on and he got more than that !  I don't own any Robertson's, mainly because I have other bows and am not wealthy ( to own tons of them).  I don't KNOW but presume, based upon longevity and his clientele, that he makes a darn fine bow.
ChuckC

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »
I have never seen one in person, but the design is very interesting to me. Also, I am confident that each of the limited editions Wolfers will be a work of art, just as he says in the video. Let us know what you decide.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 08:42:00 PM »
Fun little bow, I have shot pigs, deer and turkey with mine. I camo dipped the bow and it measures 55 inches tip to tip while strung.  I draw 29 inches. It is really handy because you can string it easily in the field, break it down and throw it in your pack.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline silvertip73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 07:50:00 AM »
I don't see many of these for sale so most who have them must like them. I too like the idea of throwing it in a pack and popping it back together easily.

Offline TexasKing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
I own what I believe was the prototype 1 piece, and I have a take down soon to ship...so yes, I like them. I cannot disagree with the above comments on the price, but I assume you know what they cost when you posted originally.

They are a hunting bow, pure and simple. No unnecessary weight or length, and as mentioned above, all but the small riser is working limb. Mine is AS FAST as any of my other non- carbon curves.
The main difference to me is it is a TRUE POINT AND SHOOT bow, having the same characteristics that makes Hill bow shooters love the ASL. I will say I do not find the grip comfortable, not like on my Fatal Styk.
The Wolfer is NOT for everyone, and my initial thoughts were negative regardless of cost. It obviously grew on me.
I believe the Robertsons are true hunters, and know how to build hunting bows. I would certainly try to shoot one before committing, and with their 'try before you buy' you cant go wrong.

Offline KSCATTRAPR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »
I had one for awhile but then ended up getting rid of it. It was a beautiful bow with excellent craftsmanship but the grip just wasnt for me, and if I don't like a bows grip, I'm not going to shoot it. But, like I said, mine was a beautiful bow and the Robertsons were great to deal with.

Offline EVILution

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »
I don't have a Wolfer, but I do own a Fatal Styk. If the FS is any hint as to the quality of the Wolfer then I would say that the price well worth it.

On the website there is a newer version of the Wolfer that they are calling Deliverance (I believe that's what it's called) that is slightly longer and a fair bit cheaper than the original. I like my FS so much that I plan on getting the whole Robertson line up eventually.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 04:06:00 PM »
I've never heard of them
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 04:15:00 AM »
look toward Toelke chinook. More or less same design, bow bolt system and performance (actually I measured the Toelke 3 fps faster pound for pound) you can choose riser shape, woods and even length. You will get it in 4 or 5 weeks and save $400+ And much more if you don't care a 2 piece bow
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline kkrider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »
Own a Chinook#47 and a wolfer#54, So hard to compare. They both are fast and quiet. Just 2 top recurves.
KK

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 07:37:00 AM »
Mr. Green. You say you've never heard of them. Do you mean just the Wolfer or Robertson bows in general. Can't imagine you not knowing about Robertson bows, if that's the case.     :dunno:
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »
Ive never heard of wolfer either.ill look them up though

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »
Video on YouTube, do a search
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills