3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wolfer  (Read 601 times)

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wolfer
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
Yes they are expensive...but they are also a limited edition.  Only 70 were made of the Wolfer by Dick Robertson. He now has a Wolfer II coming I see...and sometimes has others on website that are not the Limited Edition Wolfers but some are dipped in camo or have other changes....

I never planned on getting one....had been shooting a longbow recently and have a couple racks of bows so did not need another.  Talking to Dick and he said he had a sister bow for one he was building for Doug Borland and asked if I was interested.  Told him I have never been able to shoot bow shorter than 60-62 inches even if others say they have no issues.  I either feel them stack, feel finger pinch or just cant shoot them. He told me to give the Wolfer a try as it is smooth out to 32" draw length and very stable with the offset riser and bow bolt.

Well I got the bow in mail 30 days before a scheduled bear hunt in Canada in Spring of 2015....one week into shooting the new Wolfer, I decided to take the Wolfer and leave my longbow at home.  The bow shot like a dream, was fast, quiet, smooth and he was correct....I felt no finger pinch at full draw, no perceived stacking, and it was shooting where I looked.....which was a first for me with a 58" bow.  This bow also LOVES heavy arrows so my 31 inch douglas fir shafts with 190 or 200 grain heads flew very well.

So yes it was very expensive but Dick did a great job on this bow and I am thinking he is about to retire as he wants to sell his ranch and move closer to grandson....and this bow works...and is a beauty.  Yes you dont get to pick your own woods....but I have no complaints with what he used in mine.

To each your own...but the bow is legit and loves heavy arrows and throws them with authority.

Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline nek4me

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wolfer
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 10:24:00 PM »
Looks a lot like the  Chek-mate Attila I picked up on the clssifieds for $185. Didn't get to pick out the woods either....oh well!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©