3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 0 for 2......in one day.......  (Read 333 times)

Offline BrianC

• Trad Bowhunter
0 for 2......in one day.......
« on: November 11, 2016, 04:00:00 PM »
This fall is my second season hunting with my Bob Lee recurve.  

I passed on several does w/ fawns last fall and the one lone doe that came by at 13 yds, found me on my cell phone. LOL

This past Sunday, I was in my favorite stand on a small food plot.  I saw some does and fawns and at 10 am a 5 point buck, who was out cruising for does, came by at 15 yds.  I came to full draw, grunted at him to get him to stop, which he did, and shot over his back.  Ugh......

I sat till noon and went up to my parents house for lunch and to shoot a few arrows.  Every arrow was in the 10 ring on the 3D target by the way.  LOL  

I went back out in the afternoon and bleated/grunted in a fork horn 15 minutes before shooting time was up.  He came in on a string from 80 yds to 13 yds.  I was sitting in a ground blind.  I come to full draw, pick my spot, and my top limb hits the roof of the blind when I shot.  The arrow sailed over the bucks back.  UGH again.

I passed up a doe and fawn Tuesday evening from the food plot stand.

I've been seeing lots of deer activity up here in northern MN, despite the unseasonably warm weather.

It will be nice to break the ice and get that first traditional archery deer under my belt.

Brian
"Leave it better than you found it"

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 0 for 2......in one day.......
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
That bow is defective-send to me for proper disposal.  Hap

ps keep at it sounds like your doing just fine

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
Keep after them and it will happen. Just about all of us have done those same things at one time or another!

Good luck next time out!

Bisch

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
Haven't missed two in one day, at least not that I can recall, but have missed. As have most who do this. Sounds like you'll connect shortly if you're having that kind of action. Let us know when you do.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »
Just make sure you stay calm, follow your shot routine and pick a spot on the deer and it will all come together for you. Also while shooting from an elevated position you need to remember to bend at the waste and make sure you keep your chin down.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »
It'll all come together just stick with it, you obviously can shoot.

I was having some struggles earlier as well and I just got my first trad kill couple weeks back with a buck.

Best if luck you'll get er dome    :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©