3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fell asleep on the job  (Read 310 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Fell asleep on the job
« on: October 27, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
This morning on my way out i saw this nice doe and her fawns. They were heading in the woods were i was the first morning, i had a spot made up for my blind there. I went back to the spot this afternoon.had plenty of time to set up then settle in. Even with the coffee my eyes were heavy and from time to time i would doze off then wake back up. Well one of the times i woke up there was that nice doe looking right at the blind, and she was not liking it much. I'm not sure if it was the blind or the outside chance that i might have been snoring. She was doing the head bob thing then walked away, next thing i know she is back again with the fawns. One of them is heading right my way, the doe is well in range and broadside but the way she is acting i don't want to risk the shot and just wound her. Now the wind is swirling and she gets my sent snorts whirls and they all take off. She is a nice doe i hope i didn't blow my chance at her for good, there is just enough room left in my freezer for her   :archer:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fell asleep on the job
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
Thats ok....some of the best sleep I have ever gotten was in the woods. Atleast ya didnt wake up with the doe in the blind with ya!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline zilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
I fell asleep moose huntin in Canada, on an ant pile of all places..
Damn Nice guy

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
dont feel bad i am allways asleep when hunting  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »
When I was 16(thirty years ago) I walked out to the road a little early because I had an urgent call of nature of the squating variety and was taught never to do that near your blind/tree stand. Well I walked all the way back to the road and then crossed it to a dry ditch and did my business in a hole and buried it. Then I walked over to where I had set up a sort of chair to sit and wait for my dad to come pick me up.  Well I sat down and got comfortable and put my bow across my lap with an arrow nocked because deer crossed this old logging road all the time. Well I fell asleep. I woke up because I felt something wet on the side of my neck. It was last light and I turned my head to see a deer sniffing my shoulder where I had applied turpentine as a cover scent. That is when the left antler of the buck scraped my ear. I decided to throw caution to the wind. I jumped up spun around and drew in one motion like only a kid can. But all I had was a 10 yard shot at a bounding rump of the widest antlered buck I have ever seen in the woods with a bow in my hand.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©