3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Early season reflections  (Read 366 times)

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Early season reflections
« on: November 15, 2016, 04:37:00 PM »
I lost interest in bowhunting a few years ago. I still shot and hunted but honestly I was going through the motions.  I started messing around with vintage bows at the end of 2011.

I made up my mind I was only going to use a Bear Kodiak Hunter for the early season this year. I got a spike on opening day. I made a great shot with a  miss on a 6 pointer a few weeks later.

I enjoyed this season like I was a kid again. I realized finally it was about me and not the equipment.  I didn't shoot any of my customs any better and became more focused on the shooting instead of the bow. I saw plenty of deer and was busted trying to take other shots.

Late season will be here before you know it and I have a lighter KH to take to the mountain, can't wait    :D

Try an old bow, they may just surprise you    ;)

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Early season reflections
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »
I think you're touching on something I found out for myself almost 20 years ago. I had a Martin recurve, but thought I needed a more expensive, "better" bow to get the job done more efficiently. So I bought a Black Widow. I loved the bow, but I found out my problems had nothing to do with my other bows performance .... instead I found it was me and my lack of understanding and knowledge. Once I gained knowledge, I could do everything with that Martin that I could that expensive Black Widow. Love Widows, but its the indian shooting the bow that makes the good or bad experiences.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Early season reflections
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
I agree w you both....just go shoot your bow....and hunt...and be a kid.  
Tim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©