3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone else noticing and extremely late fall?  (Read 693 times)

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone else noticing and extremely late fall?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 10:10:00 PM »
It changed in a hurry here. Friday  I sat 7 hours up in a tree with a nasty north wind.  When I climbed down, I couldn't zip the zipper of my vest with my left hand- no strength in it..

Friday and Saturday not one single deer sighted, in ND and MN with not one single sighting of a deer.   My average sightings have been pretty good this year.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 06:31:00 AM »
I was thinking the same thing about how Fall seems to be very late here in Md. but last evening just as the sun went down my family were at a dairy farm getting some home made ice cream as a treat and as my wife walked in it was mid 60's and as she walked out and we headed home temps dropped about 15 degrees in no time.
 While we were sitting there in my truck watching the sun go down I said looks like a cold front coming in and we were looking at the sky and all of a sudden the wind picked up strong and leaves came flying off everywhere .
 This morning I just fired up our pellet stove for the first time this year.
 Glad it's here praise God. I love Fall!

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 09:03:00 AM »
Frogs were still croaking on the eastern plains of Colorado a week and a half ago and bugs were still horrible last week. Last Wednesday it was 80, Thursday it snowed and got down to 17 degrees, die flies, die!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
It finally cooled off here. It went down into the 30's last night.
Sam

Offline Amberjack

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
No question.  I'm above 8,000' here in the Rockies and we only got our first snow on Thursday of this week.  I put the plow-blade on my ATV in mid-September!!

Since we hunt vertically here, the definite change has been that the elk are much higher up than they normally are this time of year.  Hard on this old-man to get up that high!

Jack
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" Gen 27:3
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->>>

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
I decided the snow in my yard was ugly, so we went south and east to hunt where there was not snow yesterday.  i had four deer in front me at 20 minutes after sunset.  I will not shoot at a deer later than that, they were not going to come any closer so I got up, they moved away and I took a nice fall like stroll back to my car.  I miss fall already.   'Snow, what's it good for .... Absolutely,,, nothin'."   I am pretty sure that's how that old song went.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©