3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hardwood shafts  (Read 302 times)

Offline gokartjon

• Trad Bowhunter
Hardwood shafts
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »
I was reading the article about wood arrows in the latest traditional bow hunter. Where can you purchase hickory shafts?

Online Matt Quick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hardwood shafts
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:28:00 PM »
I've shot hickory arrows for while. Still have some. Hickory is tough to straighten and it can be equally tough to keep straight depending on the finish used. If you want hardwood shafts this is your guy.  https://forresterwoodshafts.com/
I've got hard rock maple and red balau. He produces an outstanding arrow shaft!!!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
I have used hickory for some heavy hunting arrows. They are very strong and tough. It is true that you have to monitor the straightness, but it is not too big a deal. Did I mention they are tough? Go to the link Matt Quick gave you and purchase your goodies.
Sam

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
I had trouble getting hickory to  fly well, I bought some maple arrows from Kustom King years ago that were great. Have not seen them offered since; wish I could find some.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 03:57:00 PM »
I like ash as much as, if not more than hickory.  Reportedly, ash and hickory straightened with heat stay straight better.

Kevin Forrester's shafts are top notch!!
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Mud_Slide_Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 05:20:00 PM »
Graybeard,
Go to the website given above for Kevin Forrester.  He has maple shafts as well.  I've dealt with Kevin many times.  His service and products are great!

Bill-
Luke 10:18-20
>>>---------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©