3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help  (Read 820 times)

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
help
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
so i was out shooting and my fletching was wet so i decided to try my zwickey deltas, the arrow is planing downward and to the left, i tried a well balanced arrow and a dry fletching it hits about 4 inches left of where im looking, any way to correct this? shots were around 25 yards, im trying to get them to hit same as my field points, my bareshafts are flying like darts.
aim small miss small

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 02:45:00 PM »
Make sure the points are on straight. Never had a problem getting Zwickey Deltas to shoot with my field points.

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 02:47:00 PM »
there hitting to the left of my field points, that mean too stiff? i shoot 175 grain field points standard insert, and the deltas are 170 grains with a 50 grain brass insert
aim small miss small

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 02:48:00 PM »
there hitting to the left of my field points, that mean too stiff? i shoot 175 grain field points standard insert, and the deltas are 170 grains with a 50 grain brass insert
aim small miss small

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »
aim small miss small

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »
there hitting like 6 to 8 inches lower of field points
aim small miss small

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 03:05:00 PM »
shot through peper with broadheads at 15 yards all you can see is the 2 blade marks and the center hole from tip
aim small miss small

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »
Try raising your brace height about 1/8" at a time. For me, if I start hitting left it almost always gets better if I twist up my string a bit. If you are shooting 3 fletch try shooting with cock feather in. These cost nothing to try. Good luck. You could also try canting your bow a bit more.  But first make sure your bhs are on straight.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 03:46:00 PM »
tried still hitting low and left
aim small miss small

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »
When adjusting for broadhead flight compared to field points.
Remember small adjustments will effect the broadhead arrow more than field point.

I would address one direction at a time. Start with height, adjust your nocking point down a little bit. Do this till the height is right.
Then the hitting a little left. I would want to adjust the thickness of the pad on the side of the arrow pass if possible. A little less thickness could do it. Also the brace height adjustment.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »
i have tried the brace height it didnt work the height is right but the left issue i dont know what to do? should i increase broadhead weight?
aim small miss small

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
im shooting 170 grain head with 50 grain insert, bareshafts are tuned with 175 grain heads and 50 grn insert
aim small miss small

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 04:33:00 PM »
Try looking 4-6 inches to the right when shooting broadheads.    :bigsmyl:

Just kiddin bro, hope you get it.

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 07:41:00 AM »
Personally I'd listen to what Bill Carlson and Mac had to say and if that didn't fix it I'd take a hard look at my fletching... though tuning is always suspect.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
Just curious... how are your broadheads oriented on the arrow ( vertical or horizontal) ?
ChuckC

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 12:12:00 PM »
horizontal
aim small miss small

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 12:14:00 PM »
idk how i ca adjust the thickness of the side plate? i already have a piece of thin material on it, dont know how i can possibly go any smaller, is my arrow too stiff ? 170 grain with brass 50 grain insert, arrows bareshaft well with 200 grains up front and a standard insert which should equalt around the same
aim small miss small

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
i just found out if i grip the bow hard the arrow goes where i want any clue whats going on?
aim small miss small

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
My first thought is that you said your fletching was wet. If your arrow tune is marginal, wet fletching may flatten out and no longer properly stabilize the arrow. I have had this happen to me. How do they fly when the feathers are dry? Well tuned arrows should shoot well whether wet or dry. You may need, as others have suggested, need to tune more, and I would look at arrow spine first.
Sam

Offline J.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 08:23:00 PM »
My guess is it's the difference in length between your field tips and broadheads. Sounds weird, but hear me out. Shooting split or 3 under our mind will pick up the relationship of the point and the target at different ranges. Consciously or subconsciously it's going to happen. Your mind is trying to put the point of the broadhead in the same relationship to the target as it does the field tip. That's going to cause a difference in impact point that can fool you into thinking that something is wrong with your tune. Everyone says practice with your broadheads and I think this is why it's so important. Your brain has to get used to it. My first few broadhead shots are always low. As long as your arrows are flying good just shoot them some and I bet your issue goes away.
Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©