3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Plains Swift recurve  (Read 419 times)

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Great Plains Swift recurve
« on: November 26, 2016, 10:56:00 PM »
Just want some input from anyone who is familiar with this bow. Something about it appeals to me so I'de like some feedback from anyone who owns or who has shot them. The take down in particular.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Plains Swift recurve
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 11:18:00 PM »
I've had two of them.  Both were 60".  Both shot very good, were fast and quiet. The bow isn't a heavy mass weight bow and they will do a custom wood option as I did on my second one.  The Great Plains grip is different with a very pronounced palm swell but it will force a consistent hand placement.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 06:44:00 AM »
I have a 55 pound swift in the one piece and a 50 pound In the B model from Great Plains. They are both Great bows. My swift is faster. I  shot it through my chrono and with a 500 grain arrow it was about 178-183  @28 inches. The hand grips absolutely perfect. It's why I bought another Great Plains when my super kodiak blew up. When I go to Compton in June i hardly ever see another Great Plains. And I get many many comments on my swift. They are the most stunning bows in my opinion. I want to get the swift in the take down.

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 07:26:00 AM »
I shot the swift at ETAR this year and of all the bows I shot that's the one I liked best. The grip was very repeatable and a natural feel for me.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 08:47:00 AM »
The one I had was 48# @ 28......great grip and at that poundage the fastest recurve I ever shot. I also shot one to try out at a Archery Shop that was a bit lighter, like 43# or so......like a dummy I didn't buy it. It was fast and silent. I talked to the guy that bought Bill Forman's business at Denton Hill......real nice guy and they are doing a good job of keeping the performance and quality up to par.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
I currently own the Swift 3 pc which is a 56" and 42# at 27", and find it well-made, fast, and accurate.  

Yes, it does have one of the best grips I have ever felt and most likely a good reason why most of us like it.  

Folks must be hanging on to them since they do not come up for sale too often.
Lon Scott

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
Blackhawk: That is one reason I asked. Never see them in the classifieds.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©