3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: how do you tune  (Read 1122 times)

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: how do you tune
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2016, 04:45:00 PM »
so how many here just paper tune and when it shoots bullets good to go?
aim small miss small

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2016, 04:52:00 PM »
also how tight does the paper have to be? if i put a tack on top and let bottom hang will that be ok?
aim small miss small

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2016, 07:42:00 PM »
Paper should be taunt. I use plastic spring clamps when I use a simple cardboard frame.  If I use a paper roll, I clip the paper at the bottom.  You want the paper to stay in place as the arrow goes through, not push the paper.

By the way, I spent more time last night on the web looking for the science behind paper tuning, than I ever before.   I thought I had it after  watching some paradox videos.  I thought the key was to get the arrow and bow in tune enough that the fishtailing stayed within the two nodes of oscillation with the feathered end trailing in more or less a straight line, through the paper at 6 feet. I read many explanations of paper tuning and frankly, none made sense and even I knew that some were hogwash theories, and I'm wanting to believe what I've been doing (paper tuning) is worthwhile.

In the end, I was not satisfied.  So far, while I believe paper tuning has worked for me for the 30+ years I've used it, I don't know why.  

I have a strong acquaintance, archery engineer, that I'm going to ask about this.

If I find that paper tuning is simply a "sugar pill", I'll have to decide if I'm going to keep taking it.

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »
soyour saying its not accurate?
aim small miss small

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©