3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone own Wagstaff?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone own Wagstaff?
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
Looking for info on these longbows. I see they are sponsors here, but I haven't seen or heard anything about their bows. Anyone?

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone own Wagstaff?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 08:09:00 PM »
I'm watching this too.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
I do not own one, but have shot one and held them in my hand. The one I shot shot great, and workmanship and quality seemed to be top notch from what I could tell.

Bisch

Offline Wagstaff

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 12:03:00 AM »
Thanks for the positive post Bisch! I'll have to get one of my take-down bows in your hand next time I see you at a tournament!
If anyone would like any information on the bows your welcome to call me and talk 210-771-7689
Connor Wagstaff

Offline Wagstaff

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 12:28:00 AM »
Here are a few pics of the bows that just shipped out.  

His and Hers matched set.   Top Shelf woods from our collection: Ziricote and Highly figured Cocobolo risers with Gorgeous Mappa Burl limb veneers.  

Here's another..  Cocobolo and curly Koa rider, with Mappa Burll limb veneers.  

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 01:13:00 AM »
Nice looking bows!

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 06:10:00 AM »
Gorgeous work!
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Online warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 06:45:00 AM »
Very nice. Good looking bows

Offline Darryl R.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 03:05:00 PM »
Absolutely gorgeous work on those bows.
Do you make recurves too?
Bob Lee Exotic 53#@28
Bob Lee Signature 53@28
Tomahawk Woodland Hunter 57#@28
Bear Super Kodiak 50#@28

Offline Wagstaff

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »
Thanks Very Much for the kind words, everyone..

Darryl, we do have some recurve model forms in development.  Our first release will be a Static Tip Model one piece and TD.

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
wow, nice looking bows.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 12:40:00 PM »
I took a good look at them this summer and handled a few at the booth at the MCAAP tournament. They look and feel to be great bows

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 03:30:00 PM »
Did you get to shoot one Michael?

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 12:36:00 PM »
Great looking bows!
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline Kc kreger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 10:18:00 PM »
Sorry I'm late to the dance. I own two Wagstaff Archery longbows.  Besides being the best looking bows in my collection they are without a doubt the best shooting as well!

My first introduction to Conor was at the Hill Country shoot down in south Texas this past April.  I was so impressed with his craftsmanship that I ordered my first custom bow from him before I even shot an arrow from one.

About a month later when I got my hands on that first bow he made me the very first time I shot it I knocked off a nock in a 3 arrow group.  Needless to say it shoots right where I am looking!

Since that day I have had shoulder issues so I've had to reduce the weight I am shooting.  When Conor found out I was having trouble he promptly crafted me a 40# bow which I have been hunting with since this past August.

This bow has become my go to bow of choice.  Whenever someone comes into the archery shop where I build my leather goods and ask about Wagstaff Archery bows I am more than happy to let them shoot either of these great works of art.

The his and hers bows that Conor posted were ordered after a friend shot my Wagstaff bows in fact.  I was at the shop the other day when those 2 arrived and I have to say there was a nice crowd around admiring them.

If anyone is around Yukon, OK and would like to shoot a Wagstaff Archery bow just let me know.  You will not be disappointed.  These are the smoothest drawing and best shooting longbows out there.  Plus there is zero hand shock in any one of his bows I've shot.

I was honored to be with Conor when he shot his first elk this past August up in Colorado.  The 3 piece longbow he made and shot that elk with was so impressive!  The arrow clipped the front shoulder, came out and entered the neck and completely passed though her severing its main artery and wind pipe.

If I sound biased, well I am.  When you find a product  that performs better than it looks and we all know how well these look, well I think you get my point.

K.C.
Oklahoma Selfbow Society member
Oklahoma Bowhunting Council member
Comptons Traditional Bowhunting member

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
Wow. Absolutely beautiful bow photos. If they shoot as good as they look, they will be winners for sure.
   :clapper:
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »
Very, very nice looking bows!  I think we'll be hearing a lot more about these bows!     :clapper:

Bernie

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »
My bow is the last LH bow in the pics above. I just received my Wagstaff Pendencia LB for the second time. I am very picky on the grip and sent the bow back for Connor to work on the grip. Connor sent pics to see along the way to see if he was doing what I want. He hit it on the head. This bow is very smooth, quiet and fast. Connor builds a awesome bow and wants to make sure his customers are satisfied. I have owned several longbows and this one has caught my attention with it's beauty and performance. Thanks Connor. Here are some pics. Give him a call. This is one of the best bows for the money. Ken

Offline fwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »
Sorry for the late addition to this thread but I just joined the forum...
I too have one of Connors bows, a Intrepid take down longbow.  It is so beautiful and shoots so well.  This is not my first longbow as I have a Hummingbird Kingfisher PBS that I dearly love and will never get rid of but the Wagstaff Intrepid has very quickly become my favorite bow to shoot.
As other owners have said, my bow too is silky smooth, whisper quiet and very fast for it's weight...and it is incredibly beautiful, very well balanced.  Probably will not be my last from Wagstaff.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 12:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by fwood:
Sorry for the late addition to this thread but I just joined the forum...
I too have one of Connors bows, a Intrepid take down longbow.  It is so beautiful and shoots so well.  This is not my first longbow as I have a Hummingbird Kingfisher PBS that I dearly love and will never get rid of but the Wagstaff Intrepid has very quickly become my favorite bow to shoot.
As other owners have said, my bow too is silky smooth, whisper quiet and very fast for it's weight...and it is incredibly beautiful, very well balanced.  Probably will not be my last from Wagstaff.
I have shot Fred's bow, and it is sweet indeed!!!

Welcome to the Gang, Fred!

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©