3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Really like these Black Eagle shafts!  (Read 965 times)

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
Really like these Black Eagle shafts!
« on: December 14, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »
Thumbs up!
 I got the.204 ID  Black Eagle Rampage shafts recently. Preliminary testing is impressive. They sound solid when you grab a handful. I never had a shaft that was so quick to bare shaft tune. I was shooting a bare shaft at 35 yard better than my last arrows would do fletched!
I have plenty of tuning built in to go up or down in point wt and shaft cutting.I didn't care for the stainless steel inserts they sent and the nock throats are pretty tight.
Right now they are at 650 grains with the following recipe -
Easton X nocks
50 gr HIT inserts
1" aluminum arrow footing
250 gr Grizzly
 I shot the 250 gr grizzly bare shaft at 20 yards just fine. I believe there is something about the Black Eagle construction and composition that makes them behave better out of a traditional bow?? They seem really forgiving.
I noticed my last shafts had a white colored lamination when they broke. I broke several, durability of those was poor. And it cost me a deer.    

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Really like these Black Eagle shafts!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 08:11:00 PM »
BTW the ugly logo wipes off easily with acetone. Forgot to mention mine are the .300 spine.

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 02:13:00 AM »
Look like the business! Which shaft were you using before these?

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 03:28:00 PM »
I just started using the vintage shafts myself. They are the most consistent shaft I have ever played with. Over the 30 arrows that I bought, there is less than 3 grains difference from the heaviest to the lightest and they are grouping significantly tighter than the last company that I was using.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »
Looking good, that Kodiak is mean looking.

I just finished tuning the black eagle x-impacts for very high foc, 674gr with 29.8% foc, 350gr grizzly  kodiak head/insert. Now to start stumping and check durability.

Still shooting my widow makers and like them a lot, super tough and quiet.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline BlackDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 10:18:00 PM »
Have used the Outlaw and Carnivore shafts. Currently shooting the Vintage shafts. All good arrows!

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 05:51:00 AM »
Batman, those are standard 185 Grizzlys with a 75 gr insert. Thinking about using Simmons Treeshark next year.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 07:04:00 AM »
Those tree sharks really make a HOLE.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 09:54:00 AM »
The Black Eagles have been the toughest carbon I've ever owned. I've never heard of the Rampage.

Currently shooting Carnivores and hunting with Zombie Slayers because they are still kicking after several years. I've yet to break one. I only lose them. lol

My wife and several friends shoot Outlaws. Another solid arrow and I love the higher weight. I've currently testing some Vintage 350s. I thought the 400s a bit brittle. The 350s seem really solid.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline ShrtRnd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 03:25:00 PM »
I just received some 350sp Vintages to test out of my Robertson Peregrine. Plan is to try three with Brass inserts and 30gr added weight then throw on 200gr Cutthroats. Another three without the 30gr added weight and see where I end up tuning wise. So far the consistency of weight between them is +/- 2gr before building them out
Robertson Stykbow Peregrine 60" #65@29"
Robertson Stykbow Prairie Falcon 62" #62@29"
Robertson Stybow Mystical 66" #60@28"
Stalker Coyote FXT  RC 62" #53@29"

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 03:28:00 PM »
I have been carrying Black Eagle arrows for several years now, they are all I use for the custom carbon arrows that I sell and they are the only carbons I shoot myself. I currently am shooting the Vintage and the Outlaw but I have shot all of them at one point or another and I too believe they are some of the toughest carbons out there. The Outlaw at $70 a dozen are IMHO the best bargain out there for top quality carbon shafts for a bargain price. If anyone is interested in trying any of the Black Eagle shafts let me know and I will hook you up. I primarily stock the Outlaws and the Vintage shafts but I can get anything and usually within two days. You can email me at [email protected] or PM me here. Also, mention you saw this on TradGang and I will take an additional 10% off the regular cost of shafts. Black Eagle Outlaws would then be $63 a dozen, .003 tolerance Vintage shafts would be $90.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »
Thanks, Excellent! I didn't know you carried them. I'm not done experimenting. I'll order some other sizes and spines from you soon. Must they always be purchased by the dozen?

Thanks,
Tedd

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tedd:
Thanks, Excellent! I didn't know you carried them. I'm not done experimenting. I'll order some other sizes and spines from you soon. Must they always be purchased by the dozen?

Thanks,
Tedd
I prefer to sell by the dozen especially if it is a model I do not normally stock but if it is a spine and model I keep in stock then I can work with you.

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 08:10:00 PM »
Steve has made all of mine. I've never dropped a fletch.

I run a 200g Tuffhead up front and a 160g Magnus.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
This is my setup this year and these have taken two antelope and a couple whitetails this fall.

Vintage Shafts, 250 grain 1 piece stainless steel adapter/insert from Jon Hand, 150 grain Magnus Classic Single bevel and 2" of 2219 footing. Makes one tough arrow.

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 01:17:00 AM »
Do they offer a 200 spine shaft? Got a 70# bow in the works that will need something stiff

Offline Bryan pinick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
The Outlaws sound like exactly what I need. Do they use standard components like Gold Tip and Beman etc?(nock/inserts)

would be using 400 spine

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 10:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bryan pinick:
The Outlaws sound like exactly what I need. Do they use standard components like Gold Tip and Beman etc?(nock/inserts)

would be using 400 spine
Yes they do.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by Matabele:
Do they offer a 200 spine shaft? Got a 70# bow in the works that will need something stiff
I will have to check on that one. You must have a lot of weight up front. I use 350 spine from my mid 70# longbows.

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »
I see it said not to use hot melt is the blue cold melt ok?

I'm sick of trying to use plastic wrap to hold points in while I bare shaft always end up searching a target for a point and insert.
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©