3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Really like these Black Eagle shafts!  (Read 964 times)

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Really like these Black Eagle shafts!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 01:26:00 PM »
I use big jim's hot melt. The stuff is low temp and really holds. Swapped inserts a dozen times on my test arrow just this morning.
Actually, I think all carbon shafts say don't use hot melt.

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by BowHunterGA:

Originally posted by Matabele:
Do they offer a 200 spine shaft? Got a 70# bow in the works that will need something stiff
I will have to check on that one. You must have a lot of weight up front. I use 350 spine from my mid 70# longbows. [/b]
That's interesting you say that. I'm moving up in draw weight and the spine calculators are suggesting that amount of stiffness, seemed pretty stiff to me though. I'm looking at putting about 350gr up front for a 10gr/lb arrow. Do you think I could drop down in spine? Bow is a static limb recurve and should be about 72#@27".

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
Matabele,
You can probably make either spine fly. One might use a lot more point weight than the other.  If you try a .300 your finished arrow will bee 700 gr +.  Are you hunting african game?
My bow is 63#@31" After today's testing and finally having some daylight to shoot in... I added a little weight. Mine are near 700 grains for best flight.

I would like to try the Renegade in .350. Also  might order the Rampage shaft in .300 which is pretty must the same thing but lighter GPI. For deer a 630 gr shaft would be heavy enough.

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 10:58:00 PM »
I'm shooting .300 Outlaws with my 85# Northern Mist longbow. I don't think I'd want to draw a bow requiring .200 spine.
Thom

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 02:26:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to get a couple of weaker spine shafts and give it a try.

Edit: Just seen your question Tedd, but yep African game is a definite possibility in the future. Just looking for a heavy all rounder I can count on for everything. Those Vintage shafts look slick too!

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2016, 09:01:00 AM »

Do they offer a 200 spine shaft? Got a 70# bow in the works that will need something stiff
I will have to check on that one. You must have a lot of weight up front. I use 350 spine from my mid 70# longbows. [/b]
That's interesting you say that. I'm moving up in draw weight and the spine calculators are suggesting that amount of stiffness, seemed pretty stiff to me though. I'm looking at putting about 350gr up front for a 10gr/lb arrow. Do you think I could drop down in spine? Bow is a static limb recurve and should be about 72#@27". [/b]
I have my 350s cut to 31" with 450 up front and shoot them from two of my 73# longbows. I am however using 2" of footing so that makes them behave more like a 29" shaft.

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »

quote:
That's interesting you say that. I'm moving up in draw weight and the spine calculators are suggesting that amount of stiffness, seemed pretty stiff to me though. I'm looking at putting about 350gr up front for a 10gr/lb arrow. Do you think I could drop down in spine? Bow is a static limb recurve and should be about 72#@27". [/b]
I have my 350s cut to 31" with 450 up front and shoot them from two of my 73# longbows. I am however using 2" of footing so that makes them behave more like a 29" shaft.
Thanks for the info! Have sent you a PM.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 09:48:00 PM »
I got the Rampage shafts . .300  8.7 dpi. With 350 grains up front my finished arrow weighs 655 gr.

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 11:35:00 PM »
I absolutely love the Deep Impacts by Black Eagle! They are tough and being micro diameter, get closer to center on the riser. Very thick walls on these guys. They have survived hits that would buckle my axis.
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Werewolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2016, 08:14:00 PM »
Nice looking shaft.....but I prefer not sending money overseas if possible.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Werewolf:
Nice looking shaft.....but I prefer not sending money overseas if possible.
So, don't support the US Based company Black Eagle Arrows, or the thousands of US based dealers or the handful of traditional archery dealers that carry these shafts? Yea...that makes a lot of sense.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »
love the X impacts.300 gr. BH equal a 520 gr. arrow..US made is a big plus....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©