3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Maddog prairie predator  (Read 2352 times)

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Maddog prairie predator
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
Thanks!  That would be fine with me at 56, I don't have to have anything super short.  Now all I have to do is order.  Just don't need to let my wife know about it. LOL.
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Offline J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
I had a 56" PP and I draw 28"...for me it stacked.  I sold that one and ordered a custom PP at 62" and love it.  It shoots and handles much better for me than the 56" did.  I will say that me and my son both have custom Prairie Predators and the finish has come off of both of them on the back of the grip.  As others have said here, Mike was very gracious and offered to fix them both but all I did was get the finish he uses, buff out the specific spot and add a couple new coats all over the new bow.  My thoughts are if you expect a $1000 finish, then buy a $1000 bow.  

I for one believe you cannot get a better custom bow for the price point.  I will order from him again in a heart beat when the time is right! Both mine and my son's look and perform GREAT!!!
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »
And.....it's ordered.  Thanks for all the input guys.  I ended up ordering a 57", 45@28.  I say my draw is 28, but I think it may be slightly less.  I spoke with Mike and he seems like a super nice guy and got his take on what I should order.  I'm looking forward to it already.

Offline Jim Keller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
Mike said mine should be done this week. I'm getting excited now.
Jim

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by J. Cook:
I had a 56" PP and I draw 28"...for me it stacked.  I sold that one and ordered a custom PP at 62" and love it.  It shoots and handles much better for me than the 56" did.  I will say that me and my son both have custom Prairie Predators and the finish has come off of both of them on the back of the grip.  As others have said here, Mike was very gracious and offered to fix them both but all I did was get the finish he uses, buff out the specific spot and add a couple new coats all over the new bow.  My thoughts are if you expect a $1000 finish, then buy a $1000 bow.  

I for one believe you cannot get a better custom bow for the price point.  I will order from him again in a heart beat when the time is right! Both mine and my son's look and perform GREAT!!!
This is exactly what I been trying to say, but this is much more elegantly done, and is my thoughts.

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 04:23:00 PM »
If only if they could handle my long draw, I would have a least one, probably two. Oh, well...

Offline J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »
Jake - what woods and glass combo did you order?
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Car54:
If only if they could handle my long draw, I would have a least one, probably two. Oh, well...
I have a 64" and like it. He makes a 66" that wouldn't handle your draw length? They are smooth shooting bows,and seem pretty fast too.

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by J. Cook:
Jake - what woods and glass combo did you order?
I went with the maple and the green glass.  Just something simple and easy for me.  As long as it performs well for me I'll be happy.  I don't need it to be the most elaborate bow in order for it to please me.

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
I draw 28" go with 60" or 62". I actually had one that was 63",  it shot the best, I had 60-62.

I got the tumb locator like the toelke whips. I had a whip, the priarie predator shot better.

Offline Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2016, 04:05:00 PM »
I really like mine

Toelke Pika t/d 54" 52#
Bear Polar 56” 40#
Black Hunter 60" 40#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©