3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: aiming for tuning  (Read 520 times)

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
aiming for tuning
« on: December 18, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »
hey guys im trying to bareshaft tune my arrows based on impact however i cannot get the arrow under my eye to aim off the point, the orientation of the arrow at full draw is low and right of the target, i was just wondering what i can do to fix this. thanks all for the help
aim small miss small

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: aiming for tuning
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »
Well are you a right or left hand shooter?

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 01:15:00 PM »
right handed srry i forgot to add that
aim small miss small

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
I think you might want to take a break from tuning and evaluate your full raw position and anchor.

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 02:36:00 PM »
middle finger corner of my mouth  i believe its the way my facial structure is, full draw nock is right of tip so the tip is angled left , picture the nock at 3 oclock and the tip at 12 if clock was laying flat thats the angle i get at full draw
aim small miss small

Offline forestdweller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 03:33:00 PM »
I don't believe that aiming the point is really necessary for any kind of tuning unless you are string walking or full on GAP shooting.

Take some fletched arrows and move closer to the target until you can group them consistently.

When you reach that point then start to shoot a bareshaft in that group of fletched arrows and note it's location and tune from there.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »
It is possible to 'see' the shaft angle.  when I test any set of arrows, I do it from at least 20 yards and somewhere with any given bow there is a cant angle that will put the arrow straight under and in line with my line of sight.   I may not always shoot that bow that way, with some of my bows the more straight up I hold the bow the more up and away the arrow flight becomes, so my secondary visual snap shot will have to move to the bow side of things to accommodate.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 07:38:00 PM »
I agree with mfg.  If your arrow is pointing left, move your bow hand to the right.  That's why it's called aiming.  You move your bow hand, or anchor, until you get things lined up the way that the arrow will go where you're looking. If your arrow isn't pointing where you want it to, move it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©