3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Biggie Hoffman  (Read 1553 times)

Online JR Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Biggie Hoffman
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 04:03:00 PM »
I know how that is. I love bowhunting and I love the kill part of it as well but I find as I get older I don't do as many big hunts anymore. I used to do several a year. I would rather just hunt whitetails and flyfish around my cabin in the mountain.

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »
I bet he's getting a kick out of reading all this.  I got to chat with Biggie by the fire pit and a coffee pot several weeks ago.  He might not get after it like he used to but he still loves to talk about this stuff.  Was an hour I'll file away into my own highlight reel of life.

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 04:53:00 PM »
...and Killswitch Holchin, you're gonna have a grandkid or two at some point we're gonna wonder what the heck happened to you too!

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
I know in my own case,... I used to hunt nearly every day of the season ,...make several out of state trips a year and was totally eat up with bowhunting. Now at 58 years old, with two grand children , the passion is still there but the priority has changed.I look back at the thousands of hours spent up a tree or in a blind and the memories are grand.....but I also feel the cold more, seem to be a lot stiffer now, and really prefer a recliner to a climber...
   :dunno:
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »
I didn't know him very well, but he sure was entertaining, and I think that he treated me fairly.  You probably don't know it, but that is high praise from me.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2016, 02:18:00 AM »
Never had the pleasure of meeting Wayne...but while on the subject, how is John?  Haven't seen him in forever.

Online hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2016, 06:07:00 AM »
He is definitely a entertaining fellow.  Met him some years back and also enjoyed his posts.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »
I keep waiting for the April fools joke announcement...surely you guys aren't talking about me 8-)

I'm humbled by the thoughts and statements here...really. To be thought of like this by people who embody the traditional way of LIFE means a lot to me.

I have slowed down somewhat. For you guys who say grandchildren will not change your life I say BlahahHHhaahhahHhahhahh!!!!!   you'll see.

Jill and I have downsized preparing for retirement. In fact, she already has! Our new house is half the size of the old one which was a good move. You know, half the taxes, half the insurance, half the light bill ...and I did sell 37 of my mounts because there just wasn't any room for them but guys, let me tell you something...DON'T DO THAT! I regret it everyday...If I could get them all back right now, I'd build a house just to put them in and work a few more years to pay for it!

Anyways.....MERRY CHRISTMAS to each of you and your families...your kind words here have made MINE extra special this year already.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 01:15:00 PM »
Great to hear from you Biggie!  Glad all is well on your end and that you're preparing for retirement.  I know what you mean about grandchildren; mine definitely changed my life, and I love it!  Merry Christmas and have a safe and joyous holiday!  Keith

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »
I've been checking this thread every day hoping you'd personally give us news.

And yes, you're even missed way up in Northern Quebec!

I'm one of those guys you chastised once for shooting a swimming duck with a longbow... but like I said before, he was swimming fast, and there were waves, LOL!

And to further my defence, let me add, that my wife and I were in isolated bush country on a moose hunt and really in need of some fresh meat... am I forgiven? LOL!

Sincere wishes to you and your family for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Online JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »
Biggie, this is akin to sitting in on your own funeral and listening to what everyone is saying!   :smileystooges:
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 04:55:00 PM »
I highly recommend retirement.  Been retired for several years now myself.  Unfortunately, I find I don't have any more time to hunt now than when I was working, well, maybe a little.

Good to hear from you Biggie.  Check in a little more often if you can. Merry Christmas.   :clapper:

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
Biggie good to see you post here, glad to see your enjoying the grandkids, and retirement. Life's priorities change as we age...

Merry Christmas.......!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »
Biggie, glad to hear things are going well, and you still have your sense of humor.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »
Now that Biggie has made a much appreciated appearance now maybe we should work on his old side kick Marty McMahon ... those two together would leave you in stitches with wet britches
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2016, 06:14:00 PM »
Sounds like your priorities are straight - glad to hear all is well in Georgia!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2016, 06:56:00 PM »
He is a good Fella. I taught him how to shoot.....RC

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2016, 08:10:00 PM »
X2 on Getting an Hello from Marty also.  I alway thought of Biggie, Marty, and Joey as the 3 stooges on here   :smileystooges:

And i mean that in the most respectful way   :eek:    :bigsmyl:

Good to hear from you Biggie the place is not the same without some of you ole fixtures.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »
Biggie you are right - grandchildren do change things - or at least they should. Hope you and your family have a merry Christmas and enjoy your retirement….
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 09:27:00 AM »
Biggie Hoffman is one the best bowhunting partners a man could have, we've traveled the world together with this passion. ( an elf told me this thread was up). He's not the only one with grandchildren and he's right-priorities change. Except with the Wensel's-lol. Still enjoying time in the woods, just not as often. BUT, I still have my mounts, the ex didn't get those, but almost!

Merry Christmas to all!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©