3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Is anyone else dissapointed  (Read 1205 times)

Online ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Is anyone else dissapointed
« on: December 23, 2016, 05:53:00 PM »
I've been a Tradgang member quite a while. In the early years there was a lot of people sharing their experiences and hunts. At that time there was only around 9,000 members, now there are 45,000 members and you only see about 30-40 people that contribute. Can't any of you guys get over the lock jaw and contribute?
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is anyone else dissapointed
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:54:00 PM »
I'd contribute if I had something worth contributing. Had some close calls this year, but nothing really worth writing about yet unfortunately. I really enjoy reading about others hunts though. The longer the story, the better!

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 07:04:00 PM »
Lurkers are members too! Merry Christmas y'all!
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 07:04:00 PM »
I wish I had more to contribute as well. I've killed one deer this year and posted it in the missouri hunting thread. Trust me, if I happen to get something else this season I'll be happy to share it with everybody.
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »
It's better if you do a main thread on Powwow on your hunts, not everybody checks the state threads and hunt story's are often missed.

Then you'll have two threads going    :bigsmyl:    

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 07:23:00 PM »
I'd contribute more often if I could post pictures.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 07:27:00 PM »
It doesn't bother me at all. Some like to be very active, and others don't, but that's all right. I participate more as a social interaction to touch base with my friends I haven't been able to meet in person. I have relatively few entertaining stories to tell so mostly just give attaboys to the more productive shooters. But if I do come up with a good hunt story, I will be the original mouth of the South.
Sam

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
I'm more of a reader myself.Started writing a few stories over the years but cannot seem to get the wording to sound right to me after writing.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 08:16:00 PM »
Does it not seem the same topics appear often?  Only so much one can share, but respect for others is paramount on this site..keeps me reading
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
I'm tryin Ben!! I still have 4 tags! 2 gun tags I have been saving til tomorrow(for bow of course) that are good in alternative season which is anything but rifles.  Also have my other anydeer archery and a bonus antlerless archery. So I'm set!

Maybe one more story this season...  :D
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »
I try to tell a good tale now and then, but the great stories for me are few and far between. I have been at it for a long time [since 1967] and so far I have had 4 shots at deer and one successful black bear hunt. The deer seem to have my number most times. I thought I was in a good spot this year, even bought a ladder stand to up the odds.......never saw a deer while hunting.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
Ron, you gotta move to a new area, brother!!  Your patience is second to none tho.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 08:41:00 PM »
Kennym, I did miss a deer in Missouri once.......    :biglaugh:    I have a move to Georgia planned in the not to distant future.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 09:11:00 PM »
Kenny, Ron, Sam and Tracy, This was not directed at you as you are four of the most prolific writers. I was hoping some of the silent majority could produce some how to's, stump shoots and hunts that were not productive but saw something interesting. Some of my best hunts didn't produce game, but had great camps and friendship. What scares me most is a lot of forums die as interaction decreases. We certainly don't want that to happen.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 09:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by kennym:
Ron, you gotta move to a new area, brother!!  Your patience is second to none tho.
This is what I think every time Ron posts about his hunting luck over the years! Ron, you really need to find somewhere to hunt where there is something to hunt!!!!

Bisch

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 09:26:00 PM »
Facebook has taken over a lot of social media. I've noticed a major decline in activity on a couple of othe boards that I belong to.
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »
Simply enjoy sharing in the love of the traditional, the camaraderie, new invaluable friendships often acquired thru PM”s, didactic reads, supporting others and being included in the joy of other’s success.

Few are privileged to be afforded the opportunity to hunt prime developed ground with a prime deer herd and hunt virtually every day personally desired. Posting my personal harvests, has been a personal challenge as to not be perceived as boasting, demonstrating a blatant lack of humility and unforgiveable lack of respect to the game we pursue. This struggle is my own demon as I thoroughly enjoy sharing in other’s hunts.

Humility is simply the truth. Have passed on 44 separate solid shot opportunities on bucks from the ground this season alone. Did not loose an arrow on a buck last season and still may not have the opportunity to be gifted an opportunity to execute a shot on a targeted buck. The primary fulfillment has already been graciously granted and anticipation of possibly enjoying future hunts as well as to experience a close encounter with a majestic whitetail sustains enflamed motivation.

Often, the truly greats are silent. A possibility may be that they either may not precisely know themselves or feel handicapped in their own lack of confidence to effectively communicate. As for myself, I just continuously work at it year around and success is likely to be directly attributed to statistics.

The Trad Gang family has been the refulgence of its life and unmerited blessing.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 09:46:00 PM »
I won't say I'm disapointed, because I post too little in that vein myself - work and elder care really cutting into my hunting and camping time, thought I try to shoot and be outdoors daily.   But I will say, my favorite posts are hunting experiences.
Jim

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 10:42:00 PM »
I'm quite guilty of being more a silent stalker here in these last few years. My only excuse is that my life may have turned me into more of a introvert.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »
I'm afraid I am also quilty of living vicariously through the hunts of others who may have more time and better places to hunt than I do. When I was younger I worked on a pipe crew that started early and got off work at 4:30 when overtime was not required and I was just 10 minutes away from thousands of acres of prime public lands so I guess you know where I went during bow season. Today I still work for the same company but in a different capacity and a different location an hour from my home and favorite hunting grounds so it has become much more difficult to go hunting as much as I used to except on weekends or vacation. Thats my story Ben. Wish I had more to share other than my past hunts. Maybe when I retire I'll get to go more often, right?
Member NCBA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©