3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Is anyone else dissapointed  (Read 1204 times)

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is anyone else dissapointed
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 11:20:00 PM »
My biggest problem is photobucket, especially since getting an iPhone. I have taken a bunch of hunting pics and uploaded many trailcam pics with the intent of posting longer (and hopefully more interesting) stories. But when I begin trying to "copy the links" I get so frustrated I end up posting one pic of the animal and just provide info on equipment, shot and recovery distance etc.

Someone suggested Imgur over photobucket, so I gave it a try, but ended up with a link being posted instead of the pics themselves.

It would sure be nice to be able to post directly from a phone. I do understand the webmaster probably has good reason for not allowing that practice.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 11:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by ksbowman:
I've been a Tradgang member quite a while. In the early years there was a lot of people sharing their experiences and hunts. At that time there was only around 9,000 members, now there are 45,000 members and you only see about 30-40 people that contribute. Can't any of you guys get over the lock jaw and contribute?
The ratio of active participants to lurkers is pretty consistent across the net on forums.  There are far more lurkers than regular posters.  Most forums and probably including this one begin to look even more skewed over time as people register but don't always stick around.  If there is no way to unjoin or terminate a registration, the number of members grows constantly even though many never log in after a few visits.

Probably a forum administrator could figure out the real numbers.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline shankspony

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 02:29:00 AM »
this sites more than just hunt reports, Its a great site to find out information and people here will always help positively if you ask for advice. I don't consider I know enough to go giving advice yet, but always try post a hunt report if i can to say thanks to the guys who contribute a lot.

Offline Trond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2016, 02:56:00 AM »
I must confess to beeing a lurker most of the time, but writing about killing stumps kind of gets old after a while. I can't even shoot a field mouse without breaking the law. I can stomp it to death, but using the bow is illegal. So I read all your hunting stories with a longing in my heart, and contribute when I can.
Merry Christmas to you all. You're a great gang!
BearPaw Cayuga 66", 37# @29"
Samick Red Fox 64", 35# @28"
"The more you work, the luckier you get." Byron Ferguson

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »
State threads?  I've been here a long time. Didn't know there were state threads.  I just went to the State Bowhunter Assoc. section. I've seen that before but I don't go there much.

I like the hunt threads, some are better than professional magazine articles,  but the info posts are of the greatest interest to me.

Photo bucket has gotten tougher. I have to upload in Safari and then copy the link in Google Chrome. Don't know what changed in my computer set-up to require those two steps. Still doable though.

Offline warpedarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 06:36:00 AM »
Yes, I am disappointed.  My main hangout over the years has been the history and collecting forum.  Now it is common to go several days without seeing a post.  It makes me feel that I am sitting in an empty room talking to the walls when I post something and it takes several days to garner a half dozen responses.  I suspect that I know why that particular forum has all but died, but will just keep my mouth shut and gather information elsewhere.  There is nothing to be gained lamenting what cannot be undone.
Brad Lehmann

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
I was thinking about becoming a lurker in 2017 with the occasional heckle and bicker...
"Us vs Them"

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2016, 08:58:00 AM »
Hi my name is Seth and I'm a lurker    :)  

I haven't been a member for very long but try to post threads when I feel someone might enjoy it or get some use from something but I would say most of the time I'm just lurkin around

Offline dagwood64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
Hopefully next year me and my Sasquatch will have stories to tell. This year was a bust-too busy, next year I am making time.
DEER THE OTHER RED MEAT!

62" Sasquatch T/D Hybrid 47@28
64" Sasquatch T/D Static Tip RC 50@28
64" Flatliner Stealth 45@29
64" Thunderstick III 55@29, for now.
60" Big Rock Black Hunter 35/40@28 (Daughter's)

Sirach 2:1-11

Offline MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »
I try to check in daily and usually read every post.  Yes, I wish more people would post about their experiences.  I particularly enjoyed Kevin Dill's moose hunt, but  I often pick up some useful info from the guy that just hunts locally, such as Littlebigman.

I struggled with posting photos when I switched from apple to Droid, but now that is working ok.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »
I've been busy, but I should be able to post up some pics from this year soon.....

I've been here since the beginning almost, and don't post as much as I used to, and I've noticed a lot of others do the same.   I do however, usually let you guys know how we did up here in our neck of the woods....hang tite!
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »
I guess I could write a little more, but then I'm gone in the bush a lot doing all sorts of outdoor activities... not always bow and arrow related.

I call myself semi-retired now, but not long ago when I was guiding full time I would be gone for months at a time... then back for a bit, and then gone for months again.

But even now, there's something to do out there every day if you want!

For instance, I want to go and try to find a few ptarmigan tomorrow.

But - they've been really jumpy lately, we've gotten -40 temperatures already, and the snow is very deep and swallows up arrows.

That means if I want to eat some, well...

Anyhow, it's blowing out there right now, it's only 4:15 p.m. but night has started already, and I just finished a 2 hour bow practice for form in my garage.

And Merry Christmas to all!
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2016, 06:59:00 PM »
I don't really consider myself to be an introvert, but when it comes to anything on-line, I'm not comfortable "talking".  Facebook creeps me out!  I just don't care how wonderful, or how awful, people's lives are at every moment of the day.
HOWEVER, I love some of the success stories and photos.  Keep em coming!
Javaman Elkheart, 58", 51 @ 30
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 61 @ 29

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »
Lately my issue has been time and lack of internet access.  Heck, no cable either... Now I'm forced outside lol.   Merry Christmas everyone.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
What can I say? I did scare the sh%T out of a deer this year but that's all.  :banghead:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Fun4all

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2016, 09:51:00 PM »
I'll add a story!!

T'was the night before Christmas and all through.......  Oh, wait a minute that story has already been told a few gagillion times.  Very well, Merry Christmas to all and great hunting!!

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2016, 08:07:00 AM »
Nothing for me....yet.  I have over 100 hrs in 9 different stands all over PA.  Ive seen 2 spikes and a small 6 point.  Thats it.  Nothing to tell about.  And Im not a person who has to post on every thread just so I run my count up.

Merry Christmas everybody!  Lets get flintlock season started here in PA.  Ive got several customs ready to go.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2016, 08:13:00 AM »
Lurker but poster too.....lurking around at Wild Things earlier this month

Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »
I guess we just need to figure out how to prompt the folks too shy to share into starting.  Once you start, it gets easier.  Nobody knows everything so just share what you know, think you know, or did.  Its all just mild and friendly discussion anyway, isn't it ?
CHuckC

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2016, 08:47:00 AM »
Picture posting thing is tough.  WHEN YOUR OLD. lol

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©