3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Never satisfied,,,  (Read 665 times)

Offline Zwickey-Fever

• Trad Bowhunter
Never satisfied,,,
« on: December 26, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »
I have spent numerous hours on coming up with the "perfect arrow ingredients" in relation to a carbon arrow. I was trying different spine arrows, different weighted inserts, adapters, broadheads, 2 & 4 blade, different size feathers, etc., etc., etc.,. You name it, I tried it most likely in hopes of finding that one ingredients that makes for a perfect arrow flight. After several years of "tinkering & figuring", i finally found that one ingredient that results in perfect arrow flight with a carbon arrow. Perfect arrow flight followed up with great penetration. What more could I want??
  The weekend following Thanksgiving, my wife, while digging out the Christmas declarations came across a bundle of a dozen 11/32" Port Orford cedar shafts. I have no idea how or why they ended up packed away. I moved here to southern Iowa almost two years ago so they been in that box since then at the very least. So I took them down to my archery room where I do all my tinkering and there those cedar shafts sat where they had me scratching my head wondering. Then the weekend before Christmas I find myself doing inventory on what I have to do up a batch of woodies. Right then & there I knew it was to late. I find myself placing a order on what I need. Next thing I know, I'm sanding, dipping, sealing, cresting and fletching!! Due to Christmas I did not get a chance to send one down range. They flew absolutely "perfect"!! And I was simply stunned on how much quieter the woodies was compared to carbons. My elderly father just said, I will never figure out why you ever went to shooting those fishing rods, (carbons), to begin with? I just laughed at his unique way of putting things. And to be honest, for me, I felt that I stepped away from true traditional archery when I started shooting carbons. But that's just me. I am also saying that I will never shoot carbons again but I am saying it's a great feeling to have woodies back in my quiver again.
 Thanks for reading my rant. JMG
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
Genesis 27:3

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Never satisfied,,,
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »
The traditional way is not freedom of indifference but freedom of excellence of which offers an array of worthy fulfilling options.

Pleased to hear that you isolated yours.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 10:10:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 10:36:00 PM »
Welcome back! I love my woodies. Nothing like cedar and 'rolling your own'!
Aim small,miss small

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 10:48:00 PM »
Nothing like wood .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Zwickey-Fever

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 05:09:00 AM »
To be honest, I can not remember as to why I changed in the first place?? Must have been all the woodie pictures here posted lately that drove me back! Hahaha
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Zwickey-Fever

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 05:38:00 AM »

Not bad for not spinning wood for a few years. Could not be happier

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »
Nice arrows! I prefer wood above all others. For me, its just more fun.
Sam

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
Just posted a thread on this "too much tinkering" simple wood shafts just seem right for me and it took me awhile to come to that conclusion. Glad someone else had the same realization    :thumbsup:

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
Them's good looking arras!  Welcome back!
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©