3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Axis trads Vs Gold Tip trads  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Ken Sorg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Axis trads Vs Gold Tip trads
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ari_Bonn:
I have found GT's are not very durable and have had spine inconsistencies in the past.
Not to argue, but I've found the exact opposite when it comes to durability, not sure about spine as I have no tester. I spent New Years weekend roving my in-laws woods stump shooting with GT trad blems,,600 spine tipped with blunts and the only issues I had were nocks popping out and I lost a few inserts/points because of a bad glue job. I had several arrows bounce back almost to me! I have a new found respect for the toughness of Gold Tips.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »
I think the Axis is a smaller shaft than the GT 600s. If so, the GT MIGHT need a slightly different point weight as it will be farther from center shot. The difference is small with my mid-40# bows.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »
More deer and bear break my Axis shafts than any stump shooting I do. And each year I shoot them at the Muzzy stump shoot. Just need to foot them.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
I have both. The Axis looks like the exact same make-up/construction as  the Traditional Only shafts but in a smaller diameter. I found the Traditional only shafts too fragile. They will not tolerate another shaft slapping the side of them if you are taking different shot angles at a target. Or bumping a branch will cause the same failure. So I'm having trouble wanting to use the Axis. Though I really haven't given them a fair chance. The gold Tips are tough.

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »
Jessebeaux,  The hard part is selection of the proper arrow so the ID is just large enough to slide over your arrow shaft.  Should add finding that arrow also.  I have a lot miscellaneous arrows to pick from over the years.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline forestdweller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »
I would go with Easton's as they are made in the USA and from the Easton arrows that I have shot they have all been very well made, can handle abuse very well, and have excellent straightness and spine tolerances.

Offline Scott Barr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »
For okietodd,

Stump shooting is shooting at stumps, usually with one arrow.  Once shot, pick the arrow up and identify something else to shoot at...varying distances.  Does not have to be a stump though.  I more often than not shoot at tufts of grass.

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 04:39:00 PM »
Good jips are tough but not that much tougher than Easton or beman. Have to go with American made. One thing I hate about Easton beman arrow finish is it scrapes off to easily when I rediue my arrows. It's not to big of deal because I dip them anyway. But for someone who doesn't they look terrible after a few refletches.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2017, 06:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kopper1013:
I thought my axis where surprisingly weak for stumping I'm double footed and broke three this year on stuff I was sure they could handle. Had heard great things but wasn't impressed for what I payed think I'll be going back to AD's it took me two years to break my first one of those.
I am just the opposite, never broke but one axis and they aren't footed or anything? That one glanced off a fence post last yr.
I have only ever shot the axis in 400s though so not much experience with others. I footed three of them this yr though don't know if they are tougher or it just makes them look cool!
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©