3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cabela's Warden 40# and 50#  (Read 752 times)

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cabela's Warden 40# and 50#
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 07:03:00 PM »
I have shot these wardens at cabelas. They are decent shooters. I have one that's real similar I use as a training bow and it has improved my shooting a ton. I wish cabelas would carry more trad stuff and less xbows

Offline Frank Warnke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
I bought a Cabela's Warden two years ago as a Christmas present for my youngest son.  It was a really good black Friday deal.  I ordered it online.  When it came, I checked that all the pieces were there but did not look at the poundage.  On Christmas day we found out that instead of the #40 marked on the package, the limbs were marked #45.  I checked it with a scale and sure enough they were #45 pound limbs.  Just a little too much for my son.
The documentation that came with the bow mentioned where the bow came from.  They are from Fleetwood Archery,  http://fleetwoodarchery.com/.   I emailed them and asked if they could solve the problem for me or if I should contact Cabela's.  Fleetwood Archery said they would take care of it for me.  I received a new set of #40 limbs that week and returned the #45 limbs back to them, all at their cost.  Great service and a really fine recurve for the price.

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 11:40:00 AM »
Definitely hold off any purchases, and come to the KyTradFest first. After having shot recurves, you may hate a hill style bow, but then again, you may love it, but trust me, the grip, draw, and handshock of a hill style bow is radically different. With over 20 vendors, there are more bows there then you can try out, but you can knock your self out trying. Big Jim alone brings a ton of new, and used bows, including his own make. We also have another big used bow dealer, Steve Kitchens, plus Mike Treadway, Mike Miller, Kevin Brown, Hill Country Bows, Ed Neats.., and several others. Always plenty of bows at the Saturday afternoon blanket trade as well, as many campsite peddlers. Literally, hundreds of bows. Shop before you buy.Admission is free.
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline Learner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by randy grider:
Definitely hold off any purchases, and come to the KyTradFest first. After having shot recurves, you may hate a hill style bow, but then again, you may love it, but trust me, the grip, draw, and handshock of a hill style bow is radically different. With over 20 vendors, there are more bows there then you can try out, but you can knock your self out trying. Big Jim alone brings a ton of new, and used bows, including his own make. We also have another big used bow dealer, Steve Kitchens, plus Mike Treadway, Mike Miller, Kevin Brown, Hill Country Bows, Ed Neats.., and several others. Always plenty of bows at the Saturday afternoon blanket trade as well, as many campsite peddlers. Literally, hundreds of bows. Shop before you buy.Admission is free.
Thank you for the invite, Randy.  I may try to go down for one day to look around.  I already did get my Hill, and I really like it; I'm already saving up for another!

Here is a nice interview I found with Bill Wilcox, regarding this year's Tradfest:

KY Tradfest 2017

Best wishes,
Frank
- Hill Big 5 ASL, 66", 45# @ 27"
- Hill Halfbreed ASL, 66", 45# @ 27"

- Cabela's Warden 62" recurves:
-- 40# @ 28"
-- 50# @ 28"

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established."

Offline Learner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 08:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Roadsnakes:
Hows the Warden been treating you?

I know Cabela`s doesn`t make a bow. It`s made for them by a well known bow maker. Most likely out of Korea or China.

Could come out of the same factory as Samick. I don`t know.

This past Christmas Cabela`s had The Warden for $89.00bucks!

I already have 3 bows that I like, but if that deal is ever offered again, I`M IN!
I haven't shot them since I got my Hill Big 5.  I'm trying to learn to shoot Hill style, and so will probably only shoot my Hill for a good long while.

But I do really like the Warden takedowns, and I will hold on to them.  One of my grandsons is learning, and one of my sons (his father) is also interested.  So I may pass them on eventually to them.  I really like the feel of those Wardens.  For the money they seem to be hard to beat as far as recurves go.

Best wishes,
Frank

-- 40# @ 28"
-- 50# @ 28"

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 09:01:00 AM »
I would definitely hold off buying a long bow until you shoot various styles of bows. My experience has been just the opposite of some of those stated here. I started out with a recurve, but after trying a Hill bow, I don't want anything else. I have 5 bows from Howard Hill Archery and two from Northern Mist. So, it is true, that different people do like and recommend different styles. Part of the fun of archery progress is trying many bows along the way. Keep searching!
Sam

Offline Learner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sam McMichael:
I would definitely hold off buying a long bow until you shoot various styles of bows. My experience has been just the opposite of some of those stated here. I started out with a recurve, but after trying a Hill bow, I don't want anything else. I have 5 bows from Howard Hill Archery and two from Northern Mist. So, it is true, that different people do like and recommend different styles. Part of the fun of archery progress is trying many bows along the way. Keep searching!
I am really happy with my Hill Big 5. I also really like the feel of the large takedown grip which I ordered with it. Even though I have small hands, the larger takedown grip just nestles very comfortably into the lifeline of my palm.

My next bow would most likely be a Hill Halfbreed takedown.   That's what Craig at HHA uses for his personal bow.  I figure that since the bowyer has his choice of any bow to shoot, the fact that he prefers the Halfbreed must be significant.     :archer:  

Best wishes,
Frank

-- 40# @ 28"
-- 50# @ 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©