3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Posting pics; brief and simple question  (Read 663 times)

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Posting pics; brief and simple question
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »
First, my friends, let me say I posted on the photography page 5 days back, and there has been no activity since... hence my venturing onto this forum.

Simply: Never been able to post pics, and tired of it. What is the simplest, most straightforward host site to upload pics from (directly, not a link to an image)?

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Posting pics; brief and simple question
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:39:00 PM »
I believe it was Rick ****** that posted a video somewhere. I still have trouble. I can send them email O.K. I think you have to have an account Photo Bucket or something but I don't and don't know how to get one.    Thanks in advance.    Ken

Offline Arrowcraft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »
AMEN my Brother been trying for over a year all different sites such as photobucket and others , to no avail . Good luck anyone

----------Black wolf 68"57#@28"----------
----------Tall Tines 60"52&45#@28"-------

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »
I use imgur. Found a how to in the trad gang and computers forum and I've had no trouble with it so far

Nick
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »
I have posted pics I the past using photobucket and later imgur which was easier. But for the last year or two I couldn't get either to work. Just got a newer phone and plan to work on posting pics again.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 03:06:00 AM »
Thanks guys, those how-to's oughtta help. I'll work on it.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
After trying agian using  Imgur. Rob has helped me as well. It seems to be for me my use of IPad. The Imgur app for IPad doesn't give me the option of changing the link. Only a "copy" function.
So for now, until we get a new desktop, I will let my picture posting wait.  Not sure what brand but it will have to work with my IPhone.
I have tried the bucket as well but agian it was hit and miss. Ended up being locked out of my account.

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »
Well I signed up on Imgur, and put a pic in an album there... still don't see the dropdown for loading it onto a site. What/where should I be seeing on the album page?

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 01:28:00 PM »
Photobucket is simple for me, and always has been.  I've used several different computers, mobile browser, and Photobucket app, and haven't had trouble with any of them.

1. Upload to Photobucket (via phone or computer)

2.  Copy image link for that picture

3.  Paste into Tradgang post

I hear a lot of weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth about posting photos, but..... ???
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline warpedarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »
I am sure that there is a good reason for posting pictures the way it is done here.  But I have messed with it to the point that I have decided to just not post pictures.  It is not overly complicated.  It just takes about twenty minutes to do something here that it takes about a minute elsewhere.

The way that I have to do it is open another window, log in to where ever I have my photos stashed, find the album, put up with their redirects to ads, close the ads, go back to my album, minimize that window, click add image on tradgang, go back to the other site, copy the img. link, minimize, go back to tradgang and paste the link.

It simply is not worth it to me.  Maybe when there are six people left on this site, all administrators, they will wake up and figure out how to streamline the system like most of the other trad sites.
Brad Lehmann

Offline zepnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »
Done with Photobucket went on Imgur. Doesn't get much easier than that.   :)

Offline Prairie Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by warpedarrow:

Maybe when there are six people left on this site, all administrators, they will wake up and figure out how to streamline the system like most of the other trad sites.
With over 45,000 members, don't think that's gonna happen.
Maddog Bows (16)
Rocky Mnt Recurves(2)
Sierra Blanca Bows (2)
Mike B.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 12:02:00 PM »
I fail to see any of the problems listed, other than Photo Bucket slowing things down with ads. I've found the easiest way to correct that is to just reload the page I was on before the ads popped up (it's still listed in my browser command line). The difference is that I'm old fashioned and still use my desk computer instead of my cell phone to do my picture posting. I run into a lot of problems with my cell phone that I don't have on the desk computer. Not a solution, I know, but it may help explain why some people are having nothing but trouble when others don't.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 12:14:00 PM »
Photobucket works just fine. But seems to me that over the years it has gotten to be more of a hassle because of the increasing number of ads and spam. It does seem to take way longer than it used to which is unfortunate.

Offline DarrinG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »
My computer is not the newest and fastest, but it runs just fine on almost all sites I visit....except Photobucket. PB loads so slow and takes so long to load that Ive about gave up on it.
Mark 1:17

Offline La flecha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 01:52:00 PM »
If you have a gmail account, you can also upload to folder in 'photos' and then make that folder 'shared'.

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
Has anyone experienced the problem with PB that the poster reports on the thread about being careful with PB?  Says his computer got hacked there and the repair guy said it is pretty common with PB.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 04:49:00 PM »
Guys, it's not that hard to post pictures in here. Forget PB, it's a terrible site. Use Imgur.com. Very simple.

Offline zepnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »
Agree with Roy. I've been having trouble with Photobucket lately. Antivirus blocked it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©