3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many days do you hunt each year?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
How many days do you hunt each year?
« on: December 29, 2016, 10:55:00 PM »
How many days do you hunt each year? Just thought it would be fun to see how much you guys have been able to hit the woods.
 Being that I am dating, not married, no kids, obviously I have more time than some with family. I've had a lot of opportunity this year due to a really nice schedule working four 10 to 12 hour shifts.

Bear: 1 day lol
Elk: 9 days
Whitetail: 31 days and 40+hunts (evening/morning)

I won't be able to hunt this much every year but it sure has been fun this year. How many hunts have you been able to make?

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many days do you hunt each year?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 10:58:00 PM »
I can't tell you how many days or hours. I lost count around 200 hours. Been a long season! But I ain't done! Plan on at least 2 -3 more long sits between now and Sunday night!
That's just deer season.  I'll do a lot of hog hunting between now and next deer season
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:01:00 PM »
15-20
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 11:05:00 PM »
over 100
Make a life, not a living

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
About 10 sits this season. Worst year I have had for finding time to hunt. But between 4 kids, work, sports, etc....you make the best of it.
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 11:46:00 PM »
Elk--12 days
Whitetail -- 16 days and counting
Turkey -- about 20 days
Almost all were full day hunts. I'm retired

Offline Ky longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 11:48:00 PM »
I've only managed about 14 sits in the stand for whitetails. That includes mornings and evenings and 2 all day sits. I'm currently in college so the sporadic schedule can make it difficult to make time to hunt and balance a job as well. Whether I get a deer or not it's still a well awaited stress relief from exams to sit in a tree and enjoy God's creation. Still a few weeks left in the season here in Kentucky so hoping I can get some meat for the table!

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 11:57:00 PM »
Actual hunting about 8 sits morning and evening combined. I should have Harvested my buck on day one.

Elk hunting 2 days this year.

100 or more days in the woods scouting and checking trail cams. I'm going stump shooting tomorrow and looking over a new area with a friend that just picked up traditional last month
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 12:00:00 AM »
For deer, 48 sits and counting. I guess 10 of those would be rifle and muzzleloader, but the rest were with my longbow.

I only hunted turkey 3 times this spring. It's tough to find time to get out that time of year.

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 12:28:00 AM »
All together, I would say in the 75-100 range. I hunt a LOT during deer season, and if I have a place to hunt pigs (which I do not currently) I hunt a LOT when it is not deer season!

Bisch

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 03:31:00 AM »
Around 90.
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline Zwickey-Fever

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 05:14:00 AM »
Tricky question because are considering running trail cameras, putting in food plots, planting chestnut trees, fertilizer spiking the white oak trees and hanging treestands part of this equation? Or just actual sits? That would be 52, but since I have a doe tag still it will be 53 before the sun goes down. For me, I like to say that I hunt 365 days a year here on the farm by doing everything that I mentioned above.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
Genesis 27:3

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 06:54:00 AM »
Estimate this year's season

Turkey...18 hunts

Deer......100 hunts
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 07:08:00 AM »
I guess it depends what you call hunting. I sat lots of mornings and evenings this year but every hunt was in my 4 acre yard.

I just don't have anyplace local to hunt...that's worth hunting on the weekends. I have plenty of time but it's all weekend time which is not the best time to be on local public land.

I really don't have any time to travel to hunt. You would think that once your kids are grown and gone that you'd be freed up some? Then they move out of town and you (I) use your limited vacation time to go see the kids and grandchildren. I love it but it isn't hunting. LOL

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
150 plus for personal hunting. Many, many more when guiding.  I spend more time in a tree than the average squirrel.

Offline Randy M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 07:39:00 AM »
I've never counted but it's probably in the 25-30 day range during whitetail season.  And then another 5 or so through out the year chasing hogs with knives/dogs.  I really wish I had a better place to hog hunt through out the year, with my longbow.

Online 8upbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 07:53:00 AM »
Normally 30-40 days, this year 1.5 days. Retired 2 years ago but my old job called and asked for help for a few months (Oct - Feb). I had just bought some hunting property in Mississippi this summer and wanted to buy a tractor so I accepted. Tractor and implements bought and paid for with 2 months left to work so that will be camp money. Going back in retirement March 1st so next year I will hunt a lot. It's been tuff not hunting but next season I will be able to walk off my porch and be hunting so I guess it will be worth it in the long run.
8upbowhunter
>>>————>

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »
One full week in early september, then two evenings per week all the way up to the time change plus saturdays.

Offline Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
I'd say probably around 20 to 30 sits so far and still a month left in ohio. I usually will go about 50 times total but getting harder to find time with kids getting older and in sports.

Nick
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
Between 20 and 30.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©