3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many days do you hunt each year?  (Read 1111 times)

Re: How many days do you hunt each year?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »
Not nearly enough.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 10:51:00 AM »
Hope to hunt in the year 2017 as much as I need to...  :rolleyes:

... mike ...  :archer2:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Online Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 10:56:00 AM »
I hunted 80 days for whitetails and 8 days for mule deer and I also hunted in Feb and Mar. 3 weeks, for hogs, in Texas where I wished I was right now !! I killed some hogs 2 javelina, a 4x4 muley and a nice whitetail buck I had a good year .

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »
This year has been different as I shot a buck in MN early, like 3 sit and my wife had eye surgery so wasn't wanting to go early in the year. Normal years 90-100, this year 7 Antelope, between MN and Ia probably 60-70 whitetail,somewhere around 30 for turkey. I quit keeping a log years ago so can't say with certainty. Will be whitetail hunting 2 more days this year as season ends the 31st. The state is having a CWD zone very close to here and I've been asked by 2 farmers to come shoot adult does so the sharpshooters won't. That starts the 31st to Jan 15th so I'll get some more days this year. Technically next I guess.

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
I got about 25 hunts in this year before I had to take some time off for a family medical issue.  Freezer is full, but I hope to hunt more next year.

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 01:37:00 PM »
not as much as I like!  lol.  I hunted 0 days for turkey, and for deer maybe 1 all day hunt during peak rut, the remaining 15-20 were all a few hour afternoon sits.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 01:58:00 PM »
Depends on the year, this year the more I went the less I saw and I got discouraged, maybe went 10-12 times. Then I had my second knee replacement and that took the late season away. Next year I should have knees that want to play and I hope to get back up north to the big woods. Not a lot of game there but it more like hunting to me. Time in the wilderness is priceless.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 02:10:00 PM »
Between 150 and 200 hours
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline northern lights

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 02:15:00 PM »
X2 on what Zwickey-Fever said, couple hundred acres to keep up with, plots, hanging stands, checking cameras, fertilizing the oaks in addition to scouting  neighboring gamelands, shed hunting, shooting, wouldn't want a world without whitetails, although I do like to fish, being retired is the best job I've ever had! Guess you can say I hunt all year reminds me of a story I read a few years back called the Endless Fall, think it was  in Bowhunter magazine in memory serves me right.
Now we're digging where the taters are.

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 02:25:00 PM »
I'm very envious of how much you guys get to hunt ! I'll get to hunt maybe 20 days...most years less !
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 03:57:00 PM »
thats okay Nathan...many of us are envious of how many deer most guys get to hunt.  lol

were I am in MA the rough number is <9 deer per square mile...is some spots its estimated as low as 4/sqmi

I wouldn't mind hunting 20 days if it meant I at least got to see deer half of those days.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »
Nathan, don't get too green, there were years when it was as low as 20.  One of the very few benefits of being retired.  Nothing else to do so guess I'll hunt.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline KyRidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »
I'd say 12-15 hunts this year.  They have gotten slimmer in the past few years.  I have a 4 year old and one in the oven.  I'd say when I was "avid" 24-30 days a year.  My little girl
Will be 5 with me next year and plans to be my new hunting buddy.  Sitting in the blind right now and thinking how much fun it will be to see the look on her face when an arrow goes through a deer!

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »
In Alaska you spend just as much time on travel, hiking, crawling to the area you are going to actually hunt versus actually hunting.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve H.:
In Alaska you spend just as much time on travel, hiking, crawling to the area you are going to actually hunt versus actually hunting.
I can see that being an issue, those nine days of elk hunting include 4 days of hiking in and out

Offline RodL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
I made it out 25 days for whitetail this year, our season runs from September to the end of January with a couple of breaks for rifle,muzzleloader seasons. I usually get out more but this year the weather and other obligations got in the way

Rodney

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »
I scout more days than I hunt.  I am out there about 3 times a week on average for 5-1/2 months. I'd say for every time I hunt I have scouted twice.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »
23 Days, 25 morning and evening sits, and 85 total hours and 2 deer for the effort  thus far    :goldtooth:    Keeping a journal this year so everything been tracked.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »
Been a slow year for me, too much stuff going on. Only getting out maybe three times a month. All year long. Been trying for bobcats. So the yotes been getting free ride. Had a couple come in but no  shots yet.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »
How many days do I hunt? Not nearly as many as I want, but that will be solved in a couple of years when I retire.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©