3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another lesson learned  (Read 359 times)

Online the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Another lesson learned
« on: January 01, 2017, 12:01:00 PM »
I have spent the last month shooting in my polebarn--17 yards max.  I bought some Heritage 75s that are .670 spine for my 42 pound Toelke Whip--I draw only 26.25 inches.  My beman mfx 600s and Gold Tip 1535s were too stiff and needed 200 up front which made 3d and stumping a challenge.  I kept one of the Heritages bareshaft and shot it again and again over several weeks and found it showed just a tiny bit weak with 90grs and 125 grs up front.  First nice day here in Ohio in a awhile so I went out back behind the dam and shot at 30 yards---stiff, stiff, stiff, no matter what i did.  I even went up to 200grains and stiff.  It occured to me that the wind (4 or 5 mph) was coming from my right and I shoot left handed.  So I moved around to the lee side of the dam and got perfect arrow flight with 90s and 125s.  Turns out that the wind really messed with the bare shafts.  I was almost ready to sell of all of my arrows and look for an even lighter spine, but it turns out I've got just what i need.  I am a little slow on the uptake sometimes...   :knothead:    :knothead:

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another lesson learned
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
Bet you'll never make that mistake again! That's what makes this sport so fun is the constant challenges we face to make ourselves better!

Nick
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Online the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »
Amen brother!  I keep a book my wife gave me for keeping track of gardens, hunting, and it has developed into a good amount of info on my trad shooting--- trajectories/ gaps compared w 3under vs split, different point weights,  I do enjoy experimenting...

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »
Immunity from making mistakes...

No innoculation has ever protected me.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©