3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jet Safari - any experience?  (Read 406 times)

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
Jet Safari - any experience?
« on: January 08, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »
I'm always tempted by Hill style longbows and recently came across pics of a Jet Safari that looked great.  It has 2" of backset which is a bit more then the other bows Jet offers.  Anyone have any experience with one?
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline Rock 'N Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jet Safari - any experience?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 07:01:00 PM »
I haven't tried one myself, but my hunting partner just ordered one. I've heard nothing but praise for Jet Longbows. I'm considering ordering one.
Todd Henck Longbow 68" 58#@28"
Dave Johnson Longbow 66" 60#@27"
Northern Mist Ramer 64" 50#@27"
Northern Mist Classic 68" 52#@28"
Shrew Hill #1 "Alpha" 67" 48#@28"

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 07:57:00 PM »
I know someone who recently acquired a decked out version and loves it.  Although not the Safari, I received a Wildcat (yew lams) in December and think highly of it.  Well made, shoots a fast arrow, pretty to look at. Nice bow

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
Hey chuck ,how are you . Yep love it . Snakewood riser .carbon back and gray glass belly . Core is maso boo . I thought at 2inch backset it would jump right out of my hand ! Nope ,dead still .very nice shooting bow .fast .and well mannered . Did I say fast .joels tweaking his core tapers and his new bows I think shoot better than his older ones
Dan Breen

Offline Shinnecockfly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »
I'm rock n bow's friend that ordered the safari from Joel. Signed up for Joel's deer hunt next November in WV and have been having a blast shooting my northern mist that I wanted another asl bow. So asking joel to build a safari for me to use on hthe hunt seemed like a no brainer. Excited to see the difference between the northernmist classic that has some minor backset and the safari which has 2".

From talking with Joel just a couple times he seems like a very knowledgble person when it comes to asl and bow hunting in general. Going for low 60's draw weight wise at 28" and a length of 68". Decided on grey glass both front and back and Joel will look at some rider options for what will compliment the grey nicely.

Dan Bree you yehwa on the tas forum?
Trad titan 62" 50#
Northern mist classic 68" 52#
Martin hunter 62" 50#
Martin savannah stealth 62" 40#
Bighorn ramhunter 62" 60#
Bismillah

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
Yep.