3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 20 Annual Tennessee Classic  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 20 Annual Tennessee Classic
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
The twins scored big time at the vendors. A bow, arrows, armguards, shooting glove, quivers from the Asbels, and some doodads.

Here are the new quivers and a foxtail.

I reckon we must be near a prison because there was all this broken rock laying around.   :smileystooges:  

There was a perpetual fire, and plenty of wood.

Lots of dust.

Lots to gawk at. I love to gawk.

Killdeer    :archer:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2017, 09:43:00 PM »
Great pics Killdeer! They kinda capture the essence of the whole experience. I wish I had got to meet you there. Didn't see you there while we were wandering around though. There's just so much to do and see.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2017, 10:40:00 PM »
Miss Killdeer has certainly presented some captured wonders.

The TN Classic is busting at the seams with both attendance and the traditional mystique.

I was greatly honored to meet Miss Kathryn, ApplePie and his beloved twins as well as share a memorable  round with them.

Twin Oaks keeps on giving more and more.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
Good stuff!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2017, 07:37:00 AM »
First time at Twin Oaks can't wait
to go back.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2017, 09:07:00 AM »
That has to be on my bucket list......I'll get there at some point. Looks like a great time.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline DHOWARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »
Great job again Pappy and Crew..  This was the second year for my family to attend the Tennessee Classic and we plan to attend all of the Classics in the future.  My son Hunter had a blast making at Self Bow with help from Dave out of New York.  The guys that help out at the Classic are all great but Dave will forever be someone special to my family.  Hunter also enjoyed playing his guitar with a group of very talented individuals on Saturday night even though he was the youngest by probably 35 years.
Bob Lee Heavyweight Recurve 60" 45#@28"
Bob Lee Exotic Signature Long Bow 62" 49"@28"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2017, 01:35:00 PM »
One of my highlights was getting to talk with Drewsbow several times. I had not seen him since the time I was honored to attend the Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt.

He seemed as young and callow as I remembered...     :knothead:  

Another plus was the opportunity to take up the Asbells' valuable time with my prattling and bragging about the Steel Fox. I managed to get a photo with them after I spent cash money on a wooly journal. (My tongue is adamantly in cheek here.)

But I did buy a journal, hoping it would guilt me into journalling more. I will likely look at it and think my drivel is unworthy of it.     :rolleyes:  

Killdeer     :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »
On my bucket list for sure. I have made OJAM. Classic and MOJAM to go.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2017, 04:55:00 PM »
Killdeer, your "drivel" is most appreciated by way more folks on here than me. You have not posted nearly enough lately.   :nono:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »
It was great to see you again after so many years, Kathie. I'd be willing to bet all my bows that the Tenn. Classic is the best of the best. Even with a bit of rain they had a record turnout of shooters of 605 I think. This was my 10th year(20th for the Classic) and usually I would get there on Wednesday(Tuesday last year) but when I got there on Monday this year there were already more campers than I'd seen before and by the weekend the camping area standing room only. They guessed a thousand or more people were there all together.
 I'd like to thank the Twin Oaks gang again for the best Classic ever. You won't find a more friendly, generous and accommodating bunch of folks anywhere. Free camping, a hot shower, perpetual campfire as Kathie said and if you ask they will deliver firewood right to your campsite....and believe me firewood was needed on those chilly wet days and nights.
 If you've never been, you owe it to yourself to make it to the Classic once. I promise you'll go back. The kids love it too and have lots of folks looking out for them. This is the "village" you hear about. Even with the rainy weather I didn't see many frowns at all.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2017, 04:05:00 AM »
Thanks Killdeer for the pictures and so glad you enjoyed yourself, seems everyone did and that is our mission statement, everyone leave with a smile. It was a pleasure and honor to meet you.
 Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule
Home of the Tennessee Classic

Offline scrub-buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »
What a great week at Twin Oaks.  I spent 8 days living out of my tool shed camper.  The rain wasn't to bad.  I didn't get as much bow building time as I had hoped for.  I found myself visiting with friends that I only get to see once or twice a year.  I left with a 1963 Bear Kodiak and a load of supplies from the vendors and trades.  I can't wait to go back next year.

AKA Osage Outlaw

Offline scrub-buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »

AKA Osage Outlaw

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2017, 12:26:00 AM »
I'm Jonesing for Twin Oaks. Clint, it was great to see you again. I think this is the first year in a long time I didn't go home with a Scrub-buster(osage outlaw) osage stave. Thanks again for the venison steak and fried taters.
 Holeinthebow Chuck did himself proud with this years bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2017, 03:47:00 AM »
Finely got rested a bit and can't wait till the next one. Pat/Clint thanks for all of yall's help. We couldn't pull this off with out all of the help I get. Many thanks.
 Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule
Home of the Tennessee Classic

Offline scrub-buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2017, 10:16:00 PM »
Pat, you should have said something and I would have grabbed a good one out of the pile for you.  Have you worked hackberry?  I can bring you something different next year if you want.

Pappy, I'm looking forward to seeing you at some other shoots after you retire when you aren't so busy.
AKA Osage Outlaw

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2017, 10:41:00 PM »
Clint, I haven't used what you've given me in the past. If I need wood, I know where to get it.
I've never used hackberry. Pearlie gave me a stave the year he came to the Classic but later let me know not to use it because of fungi.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
I hopped a flight to georgia and rode to the classic with BigJim and helped out in his tent for the weekend. This is an awesome shoot run by a great group of folks. I got to meet Pappy and it was a pleasure for me.
I had a chance to reconnect with Kathie ( killdeer) again after a very long time and was very honored by her taking time to visit with me and share a gift . Kathie is a diamond among the coal for sure . Thanks Kathie .
I also got to meet some very fine tradgang members  , too numerous to put names to everyone.
We ate some great food compliments of Pappy , Steve and Dawn and also the Buck Hollow boys .
Later Saturday night after some high jinks from several who shall not be named we went out for a night shoot with the buck Hollow boys and had a blast with an outstanding group.
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »
This is one shoot I hope not to miss in the future .
 Thanks to all the folks that stopped in to BigJim's and talked to us as well as supported Jim and his business.  I had a great time with each and everyone of you. Thanks again Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©