3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Lite extreme cold weather gear?  (Read 422 times)

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
First Lite extreme cold weather gear?
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »
Wondering if anyone has used First Lite's Sanctuary Jacket  and or Sanctuary bibs?

I froze my tail off deer hunting in the late deer season here, need to come up with a better solution!
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Lite extreme cold weather gear?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »
I have both. I've spent quite a bit of time in the sanctuary gear this year. I absolutely love it. Although I haven't hunted in subzero weather yet, I have hunted in high winds and temps in the teens and had no issues with getting cold. The gear is just as advertised. Quiet and warm. It has a lot of pockets in the bibs & jacket, which is great. For me, the jacket & bibs run true to size. Hope this helps.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:48:00 AM »
I think that they make good stuff, all around. prices more reasonable than some of the other high end stuff. My personal favorite is the Chama Hoodie-- so versatile. Haven't bought the heavy stuff as I am still loving my KOM.

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 09:15:00 AM »
That KOM looks nice, but for the weight penalty + the cost I think I am going to have to stick with the synthetic stuff. Maybe someday I caN afford the KOM!

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 01:15:00 PM »
I've got the Sanctuary Bibs and Woodbury Jacket... my favorite set of hunting clothes that I have owned, and I've owned quite a few different sets  :D  The bibs are downright warm and comfortable, like sitting in a quiet sleeping bag! The Woodbury Jacket is not quite as warm as the Sanctuary, but with a merino layer and down vest it does just as well. I also like that I can wear that jacket much earlier in the season as well. The 37.5 fabric that they use is just as advertised... keeps the moisture regulated, is warm, quiet and seriously comfortable. And their Fusion pattern is top notch in my book.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 01:24:00 PM »
Not to hijack this original thread...but I was also inquiring about cold weather gear and I received the North Branch jacket and have found it to be extremely to noisy.

For those who have both it and the sanctuary is the sanctuary quieter?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »
I have the sanctuary jacket and I love it. It's super warm and the design is awesome for how it fits. I also have the north woods bibs and they are great to. I wear a pair of their merino wool thermals with them and I hunted hard all late season in temps below 0. Just FYI the north woods bibs are noisy like goretex. The sanctuary jacket is super quiet. I got mine all on sale last summer and as much as I love it I wouldn't pay full price for any of coats or bibs. 350 for a jacket is nuts. Just my opinion.

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
Sounds like the Sanctuary jacket and bibs are the way to go, especially considering how quiet they are.

Thanks!

Offline larry f

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
I ordered a Sanctuary Jacket last spring, it felt great once I put it on. The jacket material on the outside is super quiet but the sleeve material on the inside is too noisy. I felt I would not be able to draw on a deer because of that,I sent it back, maybe they made a change to the sleeve material.
Larry Fischer
PBS Regular
Wisconsin Bow Hunters
WisconsinTradtional

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 11:55:00 PM »
How do you clean the Sanctuary jacket? I have not seen anything that tells this.

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by Lowrider:
How do you clean the Sanctuary jacket? I have not seen anything that tells this.
I machine wash mine on delicate, then dry on low heat. I try not to wash mine a lot so I don't remove the DWR rainproofing. Although, DWR water repellent can easily be reapplied to the garment.

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 10:24:00 AM »
I also have the sanctuary set. Mine is two maybe three years old.  I've never had any noise from it while drawing a bow.  In fact I would consider  the Sitka Celsius and my filson as my only two quieter garments. Larry I wonder if they changed the parka after I bought it?
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Offline larry f

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 06:07:00 PM »
I wonder too if the sleeve material has changed.Yooper you say your jacket is quiet right. I will have to check on if the material has changed.
Larry Fischer
PBS Regular
Wisconsin Bow Hunters
WisconsinTradtional

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 07:59:00 PM »
Definitely quiet.  like almost wool quiet.  you guys get cold like we do, that parka works great.  Larry you may want to send it back and try another.  I also have the Woodbury jacket.  It's a touch less quiet than the sanctuary but just fine for bowhunting in early season in our neck of the woods.
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©