3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking To try Some Out  (Read 283 times)

Offline shaunyb

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking To try Some Out
« on: January 13, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
Hello,
I started with traditional archery about 10 years ago. Since then I have moved from fiberglass long bow to wood and laminate recurve. Last year I bought a compound and after only one year of hunting with it, I am ready to move back to Trad gear. However, I do no have the budget to buy a bunch of bows and try them all out and due to my location dont have a shop to walk in and try some out. I was wondering if there is anyone on here who would be willing to bring a couple different bows and let me try them all out? I am 5'6" and am looking at a bow in the 50# area. I am from the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I really want to get back into it, but dont want to purchase a bow that doesnt fit right. Any recommendations would be great as well. Where should I start? Thanks for your help:)  [email protected]

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking To try Some Out
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 04:30:00 PM »
You should try to head over to Kalamazoo, MI for the trad expo in a couple weeks. More bows than you can try out. Great event. It's Jan 27-29th.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
Too bad you're so far away, but I'm betting somebody here is local and will step up.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline flyflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »
Make the trek to Kalamazoo. It'll get the trad fire reignited in ya! Also MANY bows to try out

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 07:18:00 PM »
There will be shoots just over the border in WI shortly.  Near Milw and other locations along the border.  Drive up and meet some of the folks.  Look up the Wisconsin Traditional Archers web site and our page on TG (state pages).

Online achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
New Berlin WI July 14-16 will have the PBS off-year gathering, no better place to meet trad folks.
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline shaunyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »
Awesome! Thanks everyone!

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »
Kalamazoo is the place for you.  You would have the chance to shoot dozens of bows.  It would be a good way to start learning about trad bowhunting in general, and you'd likely make some valuable connections with people too.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
Come on up to Kalamazoo. Best place to shoot as many bows as you want to try. And you can talk first hand with the bowyers themselves. It will benefit you to come.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©