3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting back pack ?  (Read 678 times)

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hunting back pack ?
« on: January 14, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
I'm in the market for a new hunting back pack .
I'm thinking of getting one with a frame but it doesn't need to be very big .
Also hope to not break the bank .
Hoping to get a desent one for less than $150.00
Any suggestions ?
Thanks for your input . Graps
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting back pack ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »
Depends on if it is a Day pack or something a bit more subsrantial.

This is what I recently purchased as a Day pack and a bit more room for later season hunting.

Cabela's Elite Scout Hunting Pack

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
Well I'm waiting something big enough to hold my ghillie , a first aid kit , rain poncho and some lunch .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
That will do it. Plus it has a frame and water bladder.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Look at the products from Alps Outdoorz.  Their line of packs are great and well within your budget.  I have a day pack and their freighter pack and they worked great the past two trips to Colorado
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 07:31:00 PM »
Graps, I just picked up my second mil-spec, Army surplus backpack. It'll easily hold all you listed and cost me just $20 at a local gun shop. Bomb proof and in digital camo. Compartment for hydration Bladder, external compartment for paperwork, two interior sections. I love it
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the seguestions , there's a few of these that I didn't know .
Looks like I have some more choices now .

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Nole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »
I have used a Bison Gear Pack for a number of years now and it is great.  The model that I have is the First Trip Explorer.  I mainly hunt whitetails and its great for carrying extra clothing for weather changes.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 11:37:00 PM »
I love my badlands diablo. The warranty is unbeatable.  I'm going to upgrade to a little larger pack like a 2600 but my diablo has  packed numerous animals out. I've had to send the pack in twice to have the zipper replaced but I've not been nice to that pack and it has been great
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 11:41:00 PM »
I have one of the Cabelas Elite Scout packs like Rick Richard mentioned and it is a really nice pack..

However, I did just buy a Kelty Peregrine and it is probably the best pack I've ever shouldered.  I highly suggest you check it out. Got mine for about $90 off amazon.

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 09:21:00 AM »
I had a Dwight Schuh Hunting Pack that was very versatile. It has a plastic external frame with padded shoulder straps and hip belt. A 1000 ci fanny pack attaches to the lower part of the frame and a 2500ci backpack to the top part, both are removable and may be used separately. I have used it as a daypack elk hunting with just the fanny pack attached, and backpacking with both packs installed. Packed out a few elk quarters with this setup before upgrading to a internal frame backpack (more expensive).

Offline Ratatat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
I like the rucksack style that cabelas sells.  One big compartment with drawstring and two little ones in the flap/top.  Zippers and shoulder straps are nice.  It has two mesh water bottle pouches as well.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 03:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by BlacktailBowhunter:
I love my badlands diablo. The warranty is unbeatable.  I'm going to upgrade to a little larger pack like a 2600 but my diablo has  packed numerous animals out. I've had to send the pack in twice to have the zipper replaced but I've not been nice to that pack and it has been great
I agree.........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »
PMd you.  I do have a Schuh pack on sale in classifieds.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline akdd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 11:43:00 PM »
Kelty makes some good packs. I have a Lakota 65 that I have packed several deer with. I have never had more than about 80# in it but it handled that weight well.

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 09:00:00 AM »
Another vote for Badlands. Little pricey, but the warranty is great and the customer service is awesome.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Warden609:
Another vote for Badlands. Little pricey, but the warranty is great and the customer service is awesome.
X2
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Paul Shirek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
I have and just love the Deuter Act lite 50+. It's super light, carries a bunch of stuff, is a quality backpack and can easily carry up to 50 lbs and is really comfortable. Check them out. It is affordable as well. Got mine for about what you were hoping to spend...

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 09:43:00 AM »
Check out LL Bean. Everything is 100% guaranteed. You can use any pack and if you don't like it return it with no questions asked.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
KSDan's Shuh pack might be great for that application.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©