3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alone  (Read 725 times)

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
Alone
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »
There is a show on the History channel called Alone. There is one fellow on there with a long bow, does anyone know what bow it is?
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alone
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »
His name is Dave Nessia. I'll ask him on FB.

This is the 3rd season. I love the show
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »
Hard to tell with his limb sleeves,maybe a Cari-bow Featherhorn? Just need a better look at it,I was watching it wondering the same?

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 08:56:00 PM »
That guy is a bit nutty, but I love his smile when he practices. I really like the show too and am hoping he takes a hog with that bow. That would just about assure a win for him, food wise he'd be in 'Hog Heaven'!

Several guys have taken bows over the seasons, but he is the only one so far to actually seem serious about it. I too am curious about the bow and hope he scores with it, it would look good for trad archery, plus that guy is in dire need of some calories!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Great show.    I love watching it.
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 10:29:00 PM »
Love the show too, but did anyone notice he had a judo point on while set up waiting for a hog to show ???
He does seem like a good shot, and really enjoys shooting.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Doug_K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 11:00:00 PM »
I noticed that as well MCNSC, thought I was seeing things.
60" W&W Black Wolf 55#
64" Bamabows Hunter 52#
60" Bamabows Expedition III 52#
70" Bamabows Hunter 55#
60" A.D.M Earth 63#

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »
Ron King Royal Crown from Fox Archery 59 @ 28 is the bow he has.
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 07:38:00 AM »
Great show, we all think we could do it but when you watch you realize that solitude can be very hard especially when you are starving... I'm very impressed w some of the women and their skills.

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 10:41:00 AM »
Thanks Paul
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Travisc406

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »
I thought it was pretty cool to see the bow being utilized. I am baffled how the people only catch one or two fish then go eat. Why don't they catch a bunch and smoke them. I hope he gets a hog. But not with the judo point on  :)
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story....

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 10:00:00 PM »
Sometimes I wish I had cable, perhaps I would know what you're talking about lol
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »
I can tell you this, I would not be waiting any 60 days to kill a pig when there are that many around.

God bless, Steve

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »
It doesn't take long to become painfully aware that most of these shows need to replace their "technical advisers"....just about anybody on an outdoor website could do a better job. But I know it is about ratings over realism.  I will confess that this show has improved over its earlier seasons and last season was the first I found entertaining enough to record.  Case in point...building a "twitch-up snare with a sapling big enough to lift and strangle a full grown coyote as a "hook setting" device for fishing while you're away. Forget the fact that the size trout they're catching probably couldn't even dislodge the tension on the trigger, but if it did my grandson commented it's just going to pull the hook out and/or break the line.  Bamboo seems plentiful so why not just use a simple set-pole or simpler bank line?  If these are "survival experts" I'm an astronaut!  "The Wheel" didn't make recording past the second episode, lol!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Travisc406

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
Yeah  I don't know what the hook line limit is but I would definitely have a trot line set up and be checking regularly. I am amazed how they put the fear in them that a cougar is going to be hunting them down so be careful. I think that was a rating move. Really like the show. Would love to participate in it but doubt I could last more than 2 weeks being I would miss my wife and daughter to much but I bet I would of been eating a little better. At least I hope!!!

Offline Bamboozle

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »
Travisc406,
I tried smoking trout once when someone suggested it. I could never keep them lit.
Get bamboo.

Offline Travisc406

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 12:51:00 PM »
Ya that is a tough think to do  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©