3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Have U found your bow?  (Read 6076 times)

Offline FITTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Have U found your bow?
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
No I havent.... Ive shot recurves and liked them.... shot R&D lonbows and liked them...... but there is just something more Im looking for. Have shot since I was four so after 43 years Im hoping to try and ASL longbow. I hope thats what Im looking for
Philippians 4:13

Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Traditional Archery Society

Northernmist Classic
JD Berry Heritage
Howard Hill Tembo

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 08:22:00 PM »
I just got my Mohawk Sparrow Hawk and I shoot it more accurately than any bow I've had before. I had one once before, but that one was right handed and my shooting improved when I switched to lefty.
So have I finally "found my bow"? Hope not, because there are a few more I want to try as funds come available.

FITTER, if you're looking to try a "D" type longbow, take a close look at the Mohawk. It is a mild D/R, but strings up to a true D. Faster than I expected, dead quiet and, much as I hate to admit it, I do shoot that 66" bow better than any of my shorter bows.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »
Any bow that would be perfect for me would need to be ambidextrous and still shoot the arrows that I already have on hand.   That makes for a pretty narrow category.

Offline FITTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »
Bladepeek.... I had a Mohawk and it was a great bow. Just didnt speak to me....
Philippians 4:13

Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Traditional Archery Society

Northernmist Classic
JD Berry Heritage
Howard Hill Tembo

Online 6feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »
After 52 years of shooting traditional bows I am still looking and wouldn't have it any other way.

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »
At this point it would be my Kwyk Styk. However, the Elkheart is extremely fun to shoot. I still plan to own and shoot many others (Lord willing).
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 08:26:00 AM »
I started with a Pearson Cougar in the 60's. I've tried and owned dozens more.  I went through a bunch of different bows during 6 of the past 8 years. Many of them I learned about here.

A lot of great bows out there and I have retained a few.  Most of them have been pictured here since 2010.

I've settled on my Blacktail Sitka recurves.  If I buy or trade for another bow, it will be another Blacktail recurve.

There is nothing about my Sitkas that I will claim to be better than several other well designed, made, and finished recurves out there. However, the combination of grip, mass weight, draw feel, release feel, and what my eye likes, is best met by these Sitkas. And nope, I've never met the bowyer and they know not my name.

The bows that have given me great positive pause and enjoyment include; Rose Oak Heritage, Schafer TD, Predator Anniversary, Fox Sierra, Bear A-Mag, and Stalker Schleyer. I have retained 3 of these.

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
I would have to say my original Assenheimer and the two River Runners I own. Those are the only bows I would never sell. I doubt I ever own another bow unless I build it myself.

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »
Like most posters on this thread, I've been through a bunch of bows and keep a handful of them around , but the one that I grab when I'm heading to the stands and that I never consider trading off is, like northener (the OP), also a Dryad Orion, 53#. She's a shooter and I guess I'm "Faith"-ful to her.
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 09:00:00 AM »
The bow I pick up when I want to do some serious shooting is my Centaur.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »
Have been fortunate to have experienced many valuable relationships with a host of bows.

One can not have too many friends.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »
Nope; I told a guy I shoot with some yesterday that when I want another bow I'm going to tell him to go buy me one and not give him anything but draw weight range. Every time I shoot one of his bows it's 8 or better. This time it was an older Hoyt 50# takedown.
SWA Spyder

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 10:15:00 AM »
I really don't think I've found "the one" yet. Right now I really enjoy my Abbott longbow, but I've shot some deflex/reflex bows that were just awesome. I think if I got ahold of the right one it could turn into my favorite very quickly.

Offline shedhunta

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 10:45:00 AM »
Yep.  Two piece toelke whip.  It just works for me.
Toelke whip 2 piece.  58" 50@28"

Offline Bluefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »
I think I've found my recurve but not my longbow. I bought a 66", 50# at 30" Thunderbird from Jay St.Charles. It fits me perfectly and is a pleasure to shoot so I don't think I'll need to look any further. Now it's time to find "the" longbow.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
I've been shooting the same JK traditions Kanati for a few years now. Liked it so much I ordered another one. So yes, I guess I have!

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »
Getting real close. Not down to just one yet, but definitely down to two. (1) Great Northern Bushbow  (2) Toelke Whip

Offline trasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2017, 04:41:00 PM »
Over the years I found several "MYBOWS"!
By getting better and better shooting bows also my standards for a good bow were growing up.   ;)  
For now I found my bow it's a "Bigfoot Sasquatch SS" build by Kirk Lavender from Oregon.
Trying to get the bow a part of me!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 05:21:00 PM »
Found the one.......?? Not yet but I have some that may fill the bill. My Holm-Made collection [6] is right up near the top. My Bear T/D's are real nice, love my Hill's and a Bama Hunter. My Stalker Coyote is a real shooter also. Zipper ILF risers [3] and whole bunch of other stuff. I don't think there will ever be just one.   :dunno:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Todd Brickel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 05:38:00 PM »
I think so. I bought my first custom bow in 1988, and have owned probably 20 since then.  I have shot many bows, and my best recurve are my Robertson's, and one Bighorn.  For d shaped logbows I really like my Bighorn Ramhunter and my Robertson Primal Styk.  I really enjoy my Wolfer for what it is too.

But with all of those that I cherish and won't get rid of, it is my Silvertip that would be classified as the one, and my one and only if I could only own one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©