3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SRF sight setup  (Read 737 times)

Offline Emerald Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
SRF sight setup
« on: January 22, 2017, 09:02:00 PM »
Hello all!

First post here. I figured it was time to sign up and participate. This forum was recommended to me by another traditional archer. I have found this forum to be a tremendous help. I started archery about two years. I picked up a Samick Journey based upon what I've read. After countless hours of practice, reading, and watching videos, my shooting does not seem to be getting any more accurate. I'm quite sure that I will get better with time and dedication. I am mostly self taught and do not have a coach unfortunately. However, I thought I would buy the SRF sight off of 3Rivers.

I have done much digging through this website and others regarding the sight. I have the mounting bracket attached to the side of the riser. I also have the 3 different sized sights. This is where my questions come from.

1. Where do you place on the sight on the bracket in relation to the arrow? I can not find any explanations even if it is a matter of preference.

2. What sight do you prefer to use? At this point, 20 yards is the farther I shoot.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: SRF sight setup
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »
Welcome from Michigan  .     :wavey:
An old trick to figure out site position , masking tape a match so you can use it as a site pin .
Move it up or down to where it gets you close .
You can then position the sight frame to allow the site pin to be near the spot .
Mount and sight in .
Buy the way , when sighting in , move the pin following the arrow .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 09:41:00 PM »
Welcome.

20 yards use the smallest aperture. Sight goes above arrow on the back side of the bow. Think like a site pin is in the middle of the ring. Move it up/down in/out as you would a pin site until you group at 20yds with the aim spot in the center of the ring. After a while your brain will figure where to put the ring to make the shot at your chosen distance 'instinctively'.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Emerald Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 10:16:00 PM »
Excellent! That answers a lot and gives me some good direction for my new practice session.

If the smallest aperture is used for 20 yards, when might the medium and largest apertures be used?

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
I used one a few years ago to get out of a terrible slump. After the first shot I questioned how I had ever hit anything. At best I was just passing by the target and releasing. Certainly a good training tool

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©