3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: poached deer  (Read 741 times)

Offline Arrowcraft

• Trad Bowhunter
poached deer
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »
I just found out that a magnificent double split brow tine buck that i have been getting trail cam pics and planting food plots for was poached the day after the season ended Dec.31st! the reason i know  is i am a wildlife artist and check sd cards daily waiting for perfect photo to use as subject of next painting. on Jan. 1st gathered my sd cards to view and was elated to see that Mr. Splits had made it another year , 3years had passed when i first started getting images and i knew this animal very well . I started looking for his sheds after the 1st for 2 weeks only to hear and see a photo of mr, splits dead how does a deer get shot that i have pics of on cam at 7;30 <8:30 & 9:45 on the last day of season !
____--------Black Wolf 68"57#@28----------
------------Tall Tines 60"52&45#@28--------

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: poached deer
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:37:00 PM »
Should call the Athorities.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:37:00 PM »
Have you talked to Game and Fish?

Online the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:47:00 PM »
If you can solve the crime for them by providing evidence like your photos you might get the local wildlife division to do something.  The next hoop to get through is the local prosecutor.  It's worth a call though...

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 07:57:00 PM »
You would have to prove the date and time were accurate on the camera. Burden of proof is on the prosecution.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »
Unbelievable!
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:31:00 PM »
maybe killed on the last day after your pics? Were they AM pics?
Big Mike

Online Chumster

• BOEUF 2019
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
Don't know about Massachusetts but here in Oklahoma you have to state the date and time of the kill.
Check the records on the kill. If they don't jive with your camera you have a case.

I also don't know your hunting hours. From the looks of your camera times there is plenty of it left to hunt and kill a deer before legal close.
Never wait too long!

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 08:48:00 PM »
Most cases are made by sportsman who report suspicious activity. Lots of people like to complain about wrong doing, but very few actually report it. There might be an anonymous hot line you can call. The burden of proof is very high in most states, so provide all the information you can. If you choose to get involved.

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 10:16:00 PM »
Go get em.  I hate poachers.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline beemann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 06:16:00 AM »
Call the game warden

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 06:18:00 AM »
Unfortunately, poaching is a way of life for some. The lure of those big racks is just too much for them to ignore. Very few cases are reported and even fewer successfully prosecuted. And with the advent of Xbows, it has become even easier.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 07:56:00 AM »
Yes we all hate poaching but I think this thread is just stirring up the empty pot. I sympathize with what he's saying but he has no real proof, there was still plenty of time for the buck to be killed that morning, midday or a afternoon hunt.

Hopefully this was a legally taken deer if not do it right, keep a level head and let them investigate it simple as that. Don't go blasting anybody's name or making accusations or rumors on public sights that could come back on you. Good luck!

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 07:59:00 AM »
Agree with K.S.

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 08:26:00 AM »
K.S. He doesn't specify AM or PM for his trail cam time stamps.

If am, I agree with you. If PM, he has a legit argument.

Offline JMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »
I guess I assumed the times he posted were P.M. so the buck was alive after dark. Otherwise it would be tough to say that he was poached. Maybe I misunderstood.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 10:01:00 AM »
I don't think your photos will be enough. There are natural causes that could account for his disappearance, even though it may have been poachers as you think. Nonetheless, poachers are not sportsmen, nor are they good people.
Sam

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 11:09:00 AM »
I agree that as long as you have proof that he was alive when the season ended, and he was shot and not found dead, that you have a case.  If he was poached, I hope that everything gets sorted out and the scumbag gets what's coming to him.  Good luck!
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Offline Arrowcraft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
So as to clarify the pics I have on trail cam where taken at 7;30 , 8:30, & 9:45 PM recovered sd card on 1/1/17  believe me I would not be stirring the empty pot if I were not 200% positive . i had searched for those sheds for 2 full weeks believing this animal had eluded all for yet another year, only to have shown me pic of the dead deer and once again believe me I am not mistaking this deer for another! I have literally thousands  of pics of this buck over the last 3 years, and have done paintings of him, a very special buck that deserved better than to be shot out of season buy a dirt bag maggot !!!!
 ---------Black Wolf 68"57#@28--------
----------Tall Tines 60" 52&45#@28-----

Offline G Hutch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
Do yourself and all other hunters a favor and turn them in

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©