3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bearpaw Mohawk t/d longbow  (Read 517 times)

Offline Longbowcrowder66

• Trad Bowhunter
Bearpaw Mohawk t/d longbow
« on: January 31, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »
In put... pros and cons anyone??
Floyd Crowder

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bearpaw Mohawk t/d longbow
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »
I have a 50# one older style before they got fancy with the riser.

Easy to tune arrows to it and the handle is very comfy its one of the few that doesn't feel like it going to slip out of my hand when wet. It is quite quick with light arrows though it seems to not like heavy.  No noticeable hand shock

Its an extreme r/d more like a recurve than a longbow the limbs are very wide near the fadeout.
More forgiving than a recurve but less forgiving than a bow with less r/d. The forwards handle helps the forgiveness I think.

The brace recommended brace height is quite high 8 1/4 because of that and the wide limbs I think that is why it doesn't like heavy arrows. I've tried lowering it but the string touches the limb and much vibration.

For me it is a bit loud but silencers quiet it right down.

It feels very heavy for 50# though it doesn't feel like it stacks, strange feeling indeed. Not heavy like a recurve draw vs longbow.

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bearpaw Mohawk t/d longbow
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:28:00 PM »
Their customer service is top notch. Mine is a second gen (they are now producing the 3rd)

The prototypes they sent around all over the world  and corrected issues they found. Their product testing is also to the extreme. (standing on limb and twisting backwards, putting in oven then shooting, leaving in cold and shooting, left one outside for half a year then shot it ect.) Had sever tillering issues but fixed that

The first gens had a laminated riser which just curved around the grip, they found those separated and fixed the problem. Second gen (mine) goes through the whole riser and I have not had any issues with the bow at all.

30 year warranty when I bought mine although i hear something that they are lifetime now?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©