3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SCREAMING EAGLE...ANYMORE?????  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SCREAMING EAGLE...ANYMORE?????
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
Roy Taylor has made all the screaming eagles stands built. He built them for Paul. Paul final give all the rights to the stand to Roy. (Paul is the man)... Roy is still building the stand as it was then and now. The Catalog is pretty much gone (they cost more than some of us make in a year) but the stand is still one of the safest on the market today.

Bob

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
I have a picture of that "Rambling Rambo Redneck" in my files that I can mail to someone if they would post it

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
Also have the "Phantom Bowhunter " pic I will mail, though I don't know how long that one will stay posted   ;)    :eek:

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
little guy- big dew rag-neat catalog.  i still have the one that had the zebra stripes on it
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
I tried out for the Grizzly Bear artifical insemination team, but a pulled hammy keep me out of the running.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »
How about the Heidi gone bad poster? Anybody see that one? Gary

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
I bought my first recurve from Roger at the PA Screaming Eagle store.  They opened the store in the town where I grew up.  That store is where I met Paul, Barry, Gene, and Roger.  I have ordered a stand from Roy since the retail stores went away....same good stuff as he always made.

Here is an image from sleepyhollow:

"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline bgram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
They are making another Rambo movie, maybe there's still a small stunt part available?

Offline KodiakBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
Don't post the Phantom Bowhunter the moderators will have a coronary. They did the last time it was posted. Too Short was/is a great innovator. His catalogs had no junk, all top quality. The best bows, clothes, footgear, he had turkey and other animal decoys, a ground blind, books, videos, he published a great cookbook.

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
They were my all time favorite retailer. Wish someone would have, or could have, kept it together.

The stands are great, I have a centerfold and many eaglets.  Another nice thing about the stands is you can put a padlock on without having to bring in another chain or cable.  Use a set of Rapid Rails or LW sticks and you have a fairly theft resistant setup.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline ErikT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
I have every catalog going back to the 80's when it was called ECO Outdoors.

Who was the phantom bowhunter anyway?
www.yankeehunter.com
Hunt much? ©

Offline KodiakBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
Karen Brunner, was the Phantom.

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
Does anyone still make the "centerfold" stand?

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
chippewa has one called the 'wedge loc' that works a lot like the centerfold.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
Greetings from the Kiwi Dwarf, ladies and gentlemen!  You have made my entire month with all the nice things you have said!

To set the record straight, I welded up the first 4,000 or so stands while Karen took the orders.  I hired Roy Taylor when things got too big for me to handle.  Yes, Roy still builds ALL the stands...Eagle, Eaglet, Bracket Mount, AND Centerfold!

I have a BUNCH of the original posters of THE PHANTOM BOWHUNTER SCORES and RAMBLING RAMBO REDNECK.  If anyone wants one or both, I will be back in Montana on May 1st, just in time to catch Rattlers.  I also have about 1,000 of my cook books left.  If you want posters or cook books, DON'T email me through the site here.  Use my regular email: [email protected]

I have to take serious issue with the dude who said they were past their time and too heavy and hard to hang.  I'm 64 years old and have hunted out of just about every stand built (at least those that were not so DANGEROUS that I wouldn't get near them).  There is no SAFER stand...period.  It was tested to hold FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS and still will!  Try that on any other stand!  I can still scamper up a tree and hang one in no time and then do it again 20 more times in a day.  Now, if I can do that at my age, AND size, how could they be hard to hang.  MOST IMPORTANT, THEY DO NOT MAKE ANY NOISE!!!!  I have lost a lot of great opportunities in borrowed, NOISY stands.

THE PHANTOM: I remember one morning when my son, Lad, was taking orders and he started laughing like crazy.  Some guy said he wanted to know who the "Hottie" was in the poster and wanted her phone number.  Lad led him on a wee bit and then said, "She's my Mom"!  I guess the guy nearly had a coronary.  I have to say at 62 she still looks about the same...she just can't pull a bow or hunt anymore due to a muscle disease.

Thank you all for such an unbelievable accolade for the catalog.  We worked our tails off on it and put our hearts in it.  Competing against the giants was what shot us down, or we would still be in business...probably run by my son.  After we sold, he and his wife went back into the U.S. Army and they are both now Master Sergeants serving our great country.  I am seriously proud of them.

I will be hunting and fishing until I fall over dead!  What more is there in life than being as one with the mountains?

Too Short
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Offline KodiakBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »
Sign me up for the Phantom Poster, hey guys get his cookbook. This guy is probably the best unknown chef out there.

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
Ray - "Centerfold" was a tree crotch type stand, chippewa doesn't advertise that type of stand on their website.

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Paul, you must have put a patent on the Centerfold?  Never seen one like it and it's quite the asset to being versitile.  I don't use mine a ton, but when I've needed it, it was a beauty.  Killed a few deer out of it, all on first time sits.

My linemans rope on my Screaming Eagle harness is getting pretty rough.  Can you tell me where to get a new one?
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Old timers used crotch stands years before commercial stands became available.

There was a commercial tree crotch stand out with the hinge design concept prior to. Bear Creek, or River or something like that. I owned a couple.

They weren’t near as sturdy or quality built as his centerfold, although they were adjustable.

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
Lineman's rope...You'll have to call information for Ovando, Montana.  Ask for a phone number for Tony and Janet Hicks.  Janet makes them.  If she says no, call 406-793-5555 and ask for Peggy Fly.  She can make them, too.  Mention my name.

I used the Screaming Eagle Mountain bow while filming STREET SMART BUCKS, in Fox Chapel, PA.  Great wee bow.  I gave mine to my son when my bow rack got too full.  I harvested a bunch of deer with it.

Best to email me for the posters/cook books around May first, as that is when I am back in Montana.  

Heck, I even got an email from Barry Wensel wanting some posters for his kids.  Great way to help your kids remember you!  Ha!

Too Short
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©